꧁ T H R E E ꧂

Nessa stres at the bottle in Josh's hand for a moment, going over every possible outcome in her head. Does she really want to do this? Is it going to bother her that much to see her cheating ex being happy with someone she used to be friends with? That rhetorical question pretty much answered itself and Nessa pushes away all doubtful thoughts.

She grabs the bottle from Josh and raises it to her lips, Josh watching her with amusement as she opens her mouth and lets the fiery river flow down her throat at a rapid pace.

Josh widens his eyes when he sees the bottle get emptier by the second. He reaches out and takes the bottle away from Nessa who coughs violently and screws her face up in revulsion.

"That is vile" she spits in disgust.

Josh laughs, putting the bottle to the side.

"That's because normal people don't drink that amount straight because it's supposed to be mixed with soda or whatever" he casually tells her, earning himself a slap on the arm.

"You could have told me, Joshua" she groans, leaning against the counter.

Josh smirks, "You never gave me time to, Bambi".

The two bicker at each other as they make their way back outside. The fresh air hits Nessa like a truck and all of a sudden she can't feel her legs. Josh notices her stumble and laughs to himself. She really does live up to her nickname so well.

They head over to the fire pit where the others already are and  Mads looks worried when she sees a drunk Nessa coming her way. She releases herself from Jadens grasp and walks over to the intoxicated girl.

"What happened? I thought you were drinking kombucha" the concerned best friend asks. Josh chuckles from beside Nessa, "kombucha?" He scoffs.

Nessa shoots him a glare of warning as he takes a seat around the fire pit next to his friends.

"Im feen Mads, wheely I'm feen" she smiles goofily.

Mads shakes her head, helping her best friend over to the log beside the pit. Mads sits her down beside she and Jaden- who too looks a little worried. He mouths "is she okay?" To Mads who simply nods in response. Jaden isn't much of a drinker and neither is Mads. Although she's easily had one or two beers tops tonight, she's still completely sober.

The group around the fire emerge into their own conversations. Nessa people watches as she feels her eyes getting heavier. She sees Kio Cyr, Olivia Ponton, and Addison Rae talking to each other about god knows what. Jaden and Griffin Johnson are passing a blunt around the circle but Mads skips it and she passes it to Josh instead of Nessa.

"Hey no fair!" The buzzed brunette whines, pouting at Josh who looks at her with entertained eyes.

"What? You want some of this?" He asks, referring to the joint he currently has pinched between his fingers.

She nods her head in response, her lips pouty and eyes wide.

Josh smiles innocently before passing it on to the next person. Nessa fights the urge to slap his arm again but she knows that had she been sober, she wouldn't have wanted to take a hit anyways and for some reason, she admires that Josh didn't let her.

"Sorry Bambi but you're out of your mind enough as it is" he laughs, taking yet another drink from his bottle of beer.

Nessa's eyes wonder to the couple across from her. Chase and Cynthia. She feels the jealousy and anger and hurt all roll up inside of her together, creating one huge ball of emotion that she's going to lose control of if she stares much longer.