꧁ S I X ꧂

Feeling a pair of strong arms holding her, Nessa stirs awake slowly- her sudden movements catching the attention of the two people in the room with her. She sluggishly opens her eyelids, blinking a few times to regain her perfect vision that was blurred due to the dazzling light from above.

"Nessa? Ness it's me, Mads! Are you okay? What happened?". The concern was definitely audible in the blondes tone as she held onto her best friends hand, sick with worry.

"Mads she just woke up, how about we give her some time to adjust yeah?" A familiar brooding voice speaks.

Nessa drags her hand down her face, opening her eyes wide and raising her eyebrows in reaction to seeing the tall tanned boy with the most perfect shaped jaw who she's known since forever.

"Josh?" Nessa's confused, groggy voice speaks, only now realizing that she's being held in Josh's arms on the bed in the nurses office.

Looking down at the bewildered girl, Josh smiles. "I'm right here Bambi and may I add, you're technically under me. Somewhere you promised you'd never end up again".

Nessa only rolls here eyes in response to the dumb jock. She has no clue what's going on or why she's even in here to start with. The last thing she does remember is feeling drowsy before blacking out during gym, right before she was about to destroy Richards. The door opens wide and the nurse comes inside, a pleasant smile on her face when she sees that Nessa is now awake.

"Ah good, you're awake! How are you feeling Nessa?" Nurse Harolds asks with the classic preppy tone.

Moving out of Josh's grasp, Nessa slowly positions herself on the chair while Josh steadies her, his hand on her back. If she's being honest, it doesn't bother Nessa that Josh is here but the million dollar question is why. The dazed girl thinks about the nurses question momentarily. She feels physically fine except for a little bit of a headache and what she guesses is a stomach ache from eating four brownies at lunch.

"I'm okay, I do have a headache and feel a little sick but nothing that can't be fixed with Advil" she shrugs, Mads and Josh looking at each other.

The school bell rings just as the nurse starts to speak. Josh looks at his watch and curses under his breath, something that the nurse didn't like to hear. He apologizes quickly before standing up and grabbing his bag.

"You'll be okay if I go Bambi right? I have practice and coach will bench me if I don't show up. I'll call you later, Mads look after her" Josh rambles before waving bye and heading out of the door.

He leaves Mads with an amused smirk and Nessa even more confused than before. Call her later? When has he ever called her before? Well, unless it was to copy for Mr. Browns chemistry notes from her because he claimed that he dropped his own notes in a puddle on the way home from school.

"Actually, maybe it's best if Mads goes to class too" The nurse speaks, holding her folder and Nessa's file
In her arms. She has a nervous look on her face like she's about to tell Nessa horrible news. And it's for this reason why Nessa doesn't want to be alone.

"Mads is like my sister, she can stay" Nessa says matter of factly while gesturing for her best friend to come sit beside her.

Mads takes a seat beside Nessa and takes her hand, squeezing it a little for reassurance. There couldn't possibly be anything seriously wrong with Nessa. The school  nurse doesn't have access to any serious medical equipment so how would she be able to know if there were anyway. Theres no reason to be afraid.