꧁ S E V E N ꧂

As Mads drives Nessa's car on the freeway, the scared to death brunette rests her head on the window, feeling sick to her stomach. She clutches onto her stomach without knowing that she's actually doing it. The amount of thoughts that are pulsing through her mind is insane to say the least. Nessa prays that nurse Harolds is wrong and that she's still the same, normal seventeen year old she's been for the past 11 months and thirteen days.

Leaning forward, Nessa turns up the radio that plays ROCKSTAR. The girls share a knowing look- both of them remembering the night a few weeks ago where they played this exact song in Mads' bedroom for hours and had pizza while they watched trashy reality tv all night. A swift realization strikes Nessa and suddenly she's not so stoked anymore. If she really is pregnant then she'll no longer be able to have those sort of nights with her best friend. Instead she'll be carrying a baby the size of a watermelon and nursing her sore boobs. That's if she doesn't have an abortion but even then what will her parents think of that? Their religious- christian daughter having a baby? And they'll be even more furious if she has an abortion. They're not going to be happy in the slightest.

"I can hear your thoughts from here, do you want to talk about it?" Mads asks, turning the music down. She understands why Nessa is in denial but she can't not know the truth and just assume that she's not pregnant in hopes that she's right.

Shifting in her seat, Nessa turns the radio back on, shaking her head 'no' and pulling out her phone. If she doesn't let her parents know that she won't be home for dinner they'll surely send a search party out for her. She can't exactly tell them where she's really going to be so a little white lie won't hurt.

Ten minutes later, Mads parks outside of the doctors practice. She lets out a deep sigh and looks over at her best friend who genuinely looks like she's about to shit her pants. Offering some comfort, Mads takes a hold of Nessa's hand.

"Whatever happens in here, I'm here for you and I'll support you no matter what" the blue eyed girl speaks softly.

It means a lot to Nessa that Mads is here with her. Pregnant or not, she knows that she'll always have the love and support of her best friend and that's what she needs right now. She's very thankful for Mads.

"I love you" Nessa smiles.

Mads beams, "I love you more".

The pair unbuckle their seatbelts and slide out of the vehicle. Nessa fidgets with her hands anxiously while Mads locks up the car and joins her best friend at the entrance of the dreaded doctors office. It doesn't take Mads long to grab ahold of Nessa's hand and give it a reassuring squeeze. They nod at each other- feeling ready to take on the world with each other by their sides.

"Hello girls how may I help you today?" The young woman - who is easily in her early twenties asks. She sits behind the counter, typing away at the computer while awaiting an answer.

Mads nudges Nessa lightly.

"My name is Nessa Barrett. My school nurse made an appointment for me" she speaks in a low voice, afraid that the other people in the waiting room will hear her.

The woman takes notice of Nessa's hostility and her heart bleeds for her. She was the one who made the appointment when Mrs Harolds had called earlier and explained the urgency of Nessa's situation. The woman nods with a smile, typing up a few things before looking back up at the two teenagers.

"Doctor Rollins will see you right now if you want to make your way down that hall and enter the third room on your left. Good luck" she adds.