꧁ T W O ꧂

Nessa tugs her skirt down as she and Mads walk up Bryce Halls driveway. When she mentioned that they were going to a party- Nessa never in any amount of years would have guessed for it to be one that the school douche bag was hosting. Only the most popular of kids get invited to his soirées and the last time she checked, Nessa wasn't anywhere near that level of teenage authority. She wasn't at the very bottom of the high school food chain either but at the top or anywhere near there? Absolutely not.

"So how exactly did you manage to get an invite to Bryce Hall's party again?" She asks, trying not to trip over herself as she joins her friend on the porch stairs.

Like the majority of people at school, Bryce Hall has a large expensive home. The full town actually has large expensive homes - some more expensive than others. For starters, you have the "comfortable but not comfortable" people which is where Mad's fits into. Then there's the "rich" category where Nessa belongs. And then at the top you have "filthy rich with wealth". That's where Bryce and the rest of the popular people reign. And then at the absolute top? You have the holy grail of rich. I'm talking, Bill Gate's rich and there's only three families in town that have that sort of level of richness.

"Okay so well... remember I had detention before the summer break? And I told you that Jaden was there? Well-"

"Wait! Emo Jaden? Pop Jaden?" Nessa questions. The popular kids at their school are referred to as the 'pops' which in all seriousness is rather basic average name for them but it works so they go with it anyway.

Mads sighs. "Yes, pop Jaden. Anyways we got to talking- I know I couldn't believe it either- and we've been hanging out this summer when you and I haven't been and he asked me to come tonight and I obviously couldn't come without you so here we are!" Mads grins, her hands making a "ta dah" gesture.

The front door opens before Nessa can make any sort of comment. She shifts her weight awkwardly when her eyes meet the gaze of Bryce Hall. He smiles lopsidedly clearly he's drunk already or just really dopey.

"Yo wassup gurlies how we feeeeling tunight? You wan-wanna cOme in? Join the partayyy? hMm" he slurs, his eyes barley staying open.

Just as Bryce is about to pass out, a boy with shaggy brown hair and a pale complexion comes out from beside him, a concerned look on his face. He looks from between the drunk boy and the two girls in the doorway.

"Hey Griff!" He calls, looking over his shoulder. "Put his ass to bed" he laughs.

Another boy makes his way up the two steps and into the living room, he effortlessly takes a very drunk Bryce and disappears with him.

"Come on in girls" the boy speaks, opening the door wider for Mads and Nessa to enter.

Thanking him, Nessa soon recognizes him as Anthony Reeves. He may be popular but he's a real sweetheart. He and his girlfriend Avani are couple goals for all the right reasons. Out of all the pops, he's probably the nicest.

Mads and Nessa wonder around the living room, taking in the nice set up. Bryce has very nice furniture and cool tech stuff too. He has a huge aquarium fish tank at the bottom of his staircase. It's filled with all sorts of fish- some rare ones and others not so much.

"Hey I'm going to get a drink, you coming?" Mads asks, taking Nessa's hand. It didn't really matter what her answer was because Mads isn't leaving her best friend alone so she ultimately has no choice.

Nessa knows this and lets herself be dragged away, swerving through groups of people as they make their way into the open planned kitchen area with concrete countertops and chandeliers. It's a really nice home Bryce has. The walls of the kitchen are actually glass windows and they allow people to see outside into the backyard. The pool is crowded and the hot tub too. It's like a scene from a movie only this time- Nessa's playing a part in it.