꧁ E L E V E N ꧂

If Nessa could make a career out of people watching, then she would. It's her absolute favorite thing to do and it passes time a lot faster than you'd think. Currently, she's eating her carrot sticks while watching the drama group talk amongst themselves. She often finds herself trying to guess what they're talking about. Are they discussing the next play? Running lines? Who knows!

It's been a few days since Nessa told her parents she'd changed her mind about homeschooling and moving. They were happy about their little girl staying at home and finishing high school with her friends so they never questioned it much. Taylor didn't seem to mind either, she just assured Nessa that if she ever changed her mind, she always had a place to go. Josh has been blowing up her phone every chance he gets. The constant "are you okay" texts and the phone calls at night to make sure she's feeling good are sweet but overbearing. Nessa's trying to be patient with him though, he's really stepping up which is something she thought he'd never do.

"Sup Nessa, mind if I sit?".

Nessa drags her eyes away from the entertaining group of people across the room and is met with the chocolate brown eyes of Nick Austin who stands with his boyish grin as usual.

Removing her bag from the table, Nessa gestures for him to take the seat opposite of her while she finishes chewing the carrot in her mouth.

"So how've you been? Haven't seen you since you saved my drunk ass at Avanis" he chuckles, opening his water and taking a sip.

A mild blush creeps onto Nessa's cheeks as she remembers the closeness of the two and how they were on the porch. So close to each other. Even looking into big brown eyes remind her of the way they stared sloppily into her own that night.

"I've been good. Glad to see you do in fact know how to tie your shoelaces" she teases, earning a playful eye-roll from Nick.

The two continue to talk about how drunk he was the other night before moving on to talk about themselves a little, Nessa obviously doesn't give away much details, she has no idea how she would even tell him about something so life changing. Nick would probably run away the second he heard.

I'm the midst of the two friends laughing about something Nick said, the cafeteria doors are pushed open with force and an angry Mads comes in, looking like a deer in headlights. Somehow, just by the look on her face, Nessa can tell that Mad's knows and she's looking for her.

Scanning the room, the blondes anger seems to increase as she sees Nessa sitting at their usual table with Nick Austin, acting like everything's okay.

As Mad's starts to charge towards the table, Jaden and Josh come running through the doors, trying to catch up to Mad's who has now reached the table.

"When will you stop lying to me!" She asks, slamming her hands down on the table.

The action startles Nessa and she feels her cheeks warm from embarrassment as the outburst catches everyone's attention, all eyes land on her. Glancing over at Nick, she sees the confusion in his eyes.

"What are you talking about? Can we talk about whatever this is in private please?" Nessa pleads, standing up.

Mads scoffs, running a hand through her hair.

"We've been best friends for years and until now, you've never lied to me about something so huge. I cant believe you're still pregnant and you didn't tell me!" The blonde yells, instantly covering her mouth with her hand when she hears the gasps around them.