Chapter 14

So... 

Remember when I said I'd update then I didn't.

Well here's your update!

   I awoke with a start. My head was pounding, and my vision was blurry. Headaches are brutal. I was in my room at J's 'house', but I didn't remember coming here. I sat up, rubbing my eyes as I walked out of the room. J and Harley Q. where playing poker over the 'kitchen' counter. Harley was winning.

   "Hey..." I said, my voice strained. The two looked up from their game.

   "Hey, your finally awake kid. Here have a poker chip." Harley handed me on of the green poker chips. I peeled back the plastic to eat the chocolate.

   "Thanks H, I needed that."

   Joker gave me a once over, then shook his head. "You need to clean yourself up son, your still in the suit." I frowned at him. What suit? I looked down at myself, seeing that I was wearing a, now slightly wrinkled, suit. I remembered, I had gone to Annie's funeral.

   "I'll be back in a couple of hours, don't do anything stupid while I'm gone." J and H looked at each other.

   "Don't worry kid, we won't!" Both of their voices where in sync. Creepy. I shadow-traveled back home, back to my huge room in the Underworld. Time to get myself together.

J's PoV

   "So, Harley, what is on today's do list?" I asked as my kid disappeared.

   Harley pretended to look at a list. "We can kidnap one of Bruce's kids. He needs a break from them anyway."

   "Lets take the big one."

   "Dicky, or Jase?"

   "Jase."

   "Ok!"

   Harley and I packed up the chocolate poker chips. I grabbed some goodies, Harley grabbed her hammer. We were out the door in record time. I took the helicopter of the landing pad just as Harley joined me inside. She sat in the back, her pink and blue headphones sparkling because of the rhinestones. So many rhinestones.

   It took about 20 minutes to get from point A to point B. I landed the chopper in the backyard. Bruce was amused to say the least. Harley hopped out and I followed her. I saw Brucie sipping coffee while looking out his kitchen window. He was shaking his head. I 'gently' opened his sliding glass door with my crowbar. 

   "Hey Brucie, where's Jase? I need him again." Bruce's eyes narrowed. In his hand, a knife, a rather large knife, was being gripped rather tightly.

   "What do you want with Jason Joker?" Bruce took another sip of his coffee.

   "Just wanted to abduct him, you know how it is these days." Bruce raised an eyebrow at this, still sipping his coffee.

   "Get out of my house."

   "But I don't want to!"

   "Bruce, we nee- What is Joker doing in our kitchen." We all looked to the left. Little Tim was holding his own cup of coffee, dark circles under his eyes. It must hurt being the smart one.

   "Hey Timmy, how are you?" I asked. Timmy blinked a couple of times.

   "I'm tired, how about you?"

   "I'm doing alright thank you." Harley walked over to Timmy and gave him a hug. He hugged back, obviously confused. He mustn't have fully awoken.

   "Tim Tim, where is you brother Jase?"

   "Upstairs with Dick I think..." Poor kid.

   "Thanks Timmy!" Harley gave Timmy another hug and proceeded up the stairs. She'd find Jase eventually.

   Timmy looked around, trying to piece together what just happened. He took another sip of coffee. "It's to early for this." Timmy turned around and walked out of the room.

   There was a crash, and then a bang. Suddenly, angry foot steps came from the stairs and into the kitchen. Jase and Dicky were yelling at each other, and yelling at Harley, who was attempting to break up the brothers.

   Ah the amusement.

   "Now Jasie, you need to be nice to your brother. And Dickie, you need to be more understanding of Jasie."

   Jason swat Harley's hand away. "Why can't we just KILL  them Bruce, there RIGHT HERE!"

   Bruce took a sip of coffee and sighed. "We don't kill, Jason."

   Dickie took Jasie's side. "But Bruce, they are right there! At least let us take them back to jail."

   I thought that one over. We would just break out again, what's the point? Bruce set down his cup.

   "Just kick them out of the house." Bruce set the knifes back into there knife place and walked away. Dickie and Jasie watched him, anger on both of there faces. Jason and Dick pushed up out of the house. I walked back to the helicopter with Harley, who had a pout on her beautiful face.

   "We'll get 'em next time love."

   "Ok J.J."

   We got back to the house just in time. Harley and I pretended to be playing poker as Nico arrived. We welcomed him home.

   "You didn't get in any trouble while I was gone right?" Nico said, crossing his skinny arms.

   "Don't worry my son, we're just fine."

And there you go! Happy New Year's.