Chapter 23

*Maybe trigger warning, there is ... blood and my evilness*

   Dad, what was I doing with my life? I was laying on top of my bed, in J's place of course, thinking about the army that's going to take NYC. I didn't want to involve camp in this, that was plan OC. 

   You know, plan Oh Crap.

   There was a knock on my window and my head tilted in that direction. Being the lazy man I am, I let the shadows open the window for me. I didn't account for the fact that a smoke bomb would be throwed through my window. I covered my face with my shirt and maneuvered my way over to the door, reaching for the door knob. I pulled my hand away from the door, as the room practically exploded from all sides. The coughing never stopped, but my breathing sure did. My eyes were heavy, and as I tried to pull myself out of the rubble, the roof collapsed above me.

    I was out in an instant.

   Beep... Beep... Beep... I slowly opened my eyes my ears ringing. The dust had settled and I awoke to concrete and wires everywhere. I tried to turn over but I felt a sharp pain in my side. I moved my arm that was definitely broke over to that spot and I winced and cried out in pain. Yeah I was definitely impaled. I tried to take in a breath, but my lungs were on fire and it was hard to breath. I laid there under the rubble, waiting for something to happen. I couldn't see it, but I could feel myself bleed out.

   "Help..." I managed but it was quieter than a whisper. "Someone..." My eyes closed once more, and I was afraid I wouldn't open them again.

Jokers PoV

   I'm minding my own business when my funhouse explodes. Thankfully, Harley and I had gotten out in time. We had minor wounds and thankfully no one else was in the house. I looked around, I couldn't see anyone. Who would be stupid enough to betray me, who would be stupid enough to betray the Joker!

   Whoever did this, they are going to pay. Harley looked around as well, but she was more into examining the damage. "What are you looking for Harl's?"

   "Nico, he was in there with us!" Oh no. I hurried over to Harley, helping her move slabs of concrete. At this rate, we would never find him. I couldn't call anyone, the phones were broken. I could call out, but who would hear me. Geez, where Bruce when you need him.

   H and I decided to split up and look all over. It had been about thirty minutes and nothing. I called out Neeks name, but he never answered. But Bats did. 

   "Joker, what did you do?" Brucie asked me.

   "No time Bruce, help us find Nico, he's in the rubble!" Harl's called out, as she continued to overturn concrete. This soon became a search and rescue mission, Jase, Dicky, Damian, and even little Timmy helped out.

   It's officially been an hour, nothing.

   Harley was crying, calling out to Neeks. We had overturned every slab, every bolder, every everything. Or so we thought. Jase started to call out to the rest of us and we all hurried over him. Together, we all helped to lift this massive sheet of iron. Under it was a horrific scene.

   "NICKY! Oh, Nicky, no no no..." Harley cried. Jason put two fingers to Nicky's neck to checked his vitals, looking up at everyone wide masked.

   "He has a pulse, its weak as hell but its there." Bruce whipped out his phone and a second later, the big S showed up.

   This just got real.

Did you think I would just end it there?

Yes I would end it there, have fun fam.

NicoProtectionSquad7, here it is!