Chapter 9

Someone among you wanted an update, so here you go... I got you my brothers and sisters and non-binary fam.(If you just start to see typing in a persons speech, just know it's Nico's. Anyone else's POV will be marked by their first name or comical nickname.)

   "So, what are we doing here Nico?" Percy asked me as we walked up to the electric fence in front of Dicky's house. Dick was watching us from afar, secretly hoping that we'd fail. But I had a plan.

   "Don't worry Jackson, I got this." I said smoothly, cringing as Percy cringed at me. I shrugged it off and walked up to the gate. I could see a little voice box to the right so I walked over to it. I lifted up the little box and pressed the button. It gave a beep and then silence.

   "Hello, how may I be of service?" A man with a British accent on the other side answered.

   "Um hello. I'm a friend of Damian. I'm here to kick his ass in Social Studies." There was a chuckle.

   "Come right in.

   The doors open up and I walked through looking back at Percy. He seemed mystified, probably thinking I was going to fail. I walked up the long drive way up to the front door. I knocked once. The door opened to see a tiny teen. What can I say, tiny teen unite.

   "Hey Damian." Damian looked at me and shut the door. Frowning, I tried knocking again, this time twice. Damian reopens the door.

   "What?"

   "I just want to get in your house."

   "*Scoff* Yeah, that's not going to happen." Damian closed the door again. I knocked for a third time, and a very annoyed Damian opened up. "Go away!" Soon there was a small squeaked and an elderly man opened the door.

   "It's a pleasure to meet you, please come in." The man's accent was strong.

   "You have a really cool accent, are you English?"

   "That I am young sir." I thanked him as I entered. Percy just kind of waited outside.

   There were faces waiting for me; a puzzled Dicky, an angry Damian, a skinny teen, and a tall, muscly teen. I waved. Dicky rolled his eyes and jut walked up the stairs. Damian stayed put, glaring at me 'unnervingly'. I looked at the skinny teen with the glasses. He was mostly analyzing me. I waved awkwardly at him and he waved back. The muscly teen just scoffed and through a hand up.

   "Who in the frozen Hell is this?" He said, irritated.

   "Hi, I'm the guy you kidnaped." There was a moment of silence.

   "You  really don't know how to make a proper introduction, do you?" Dicky said, watching from the stairs.

   "Hey I like being quirky."

   "What are you doing here Nick?" Dicky said, knowing exactly why I was here.

   In my best Dicky voice, I pretended to hold a sheet of paper. "Dear Me, I bet you couldn't get past the electric fence, and probably anything else. I know your probably confused why I would write you this letter so here's why; I know you like a challenge. Your New Bestie, Dicky."

   "That was your best me impression." I looked at him, face blank.

   "That, that was all you got from that?"

   Dicky shrugged in my direction. "Yep, that's about it." The rest of us looked at him, blinking once. Dicky walked down the stairs and stood by the angry little Damian. Damian looked up to him then looked away pouting.

   "Fetch Damian." Damian whorled his head around, foaming at the mouth.

   "I. Am. Not. A. Dog."

   "Woof."

   As Damian ran up to attack me, I sidestepped him and disappeared into his shadow. I came back outside to where Percy was. I motioned a 'lets go' and he just nodded. We left through the open gates. When I was in the shadow of one of the four limos outside, I took Percy's shoulder. We landed back at my place. Once we got situated Percy walked over to me and guided me to my own couch.

   "Hey Neeks," He said, rubbing his neck, "I'm leaving for California tomorrow. When I finish with Annabeth's funeral, I'm going to go and finish college in California, then I'm going to go and live in Alaska."

   "So the gods can't get to you right?"

   He sighed, looking down into his hands. "That's right." 

   I looked at him, and took one of his clammy hands. "Well, if you even are in need of an awesome cousin, you have my Skype number. Don't call my phone, I broke it on accident." He looked at me with a broken smile. 

   "That's the best thing I could ever ask for Neeks. Hey, Annie was one of your biggest fans, would you go to her funeral? Its on February 7."

   "That's only seven days away. I would love to go, Annie was like a sister to me, a real badass sister. Who else is going?"

   "Hazel, Frank, Leo, Jason, Piper, Calypso, Grover, Thalia, Chiron, Annie's mom, my dad, you, me, and some of the other campers. Lot's of people loved her. Clarisse is even going, can you believe that?"

   "They were friends you know."

   Percy chuckled, keeping his head held high. I offered for him to stay here with me, but he said that he was going to spend so time at camp, which I could respect. Those were his people after all. I gave him a hug as he left, and I watched him drive away in that blue car of his. When I closed the door behind me, I wasn't surprised to see Dicky in my windowsill. There was also a knock on my front door. I curiously opened it.

   "Hey J."

   "Hey Neeks."

   "I told you not to call me that."

   "Well... When have I actually listened to you."

   "Good point..."

   I welcomed him inside. He took a look at Dicky and smiled. He waived and Dicky glared. J muttered something along the lines of rude or whatever and Dicky, still glaring, kept silent. J pouted and wrapped an arm around my shoulders. 

   Oh boy I get to play middle man.