Chapter 7

(Just want to say three chapters in one day, am I a wizard or what)

Percy's POV

   I was driving in the car, tears stinging my eyes. I got Anne killed, it was my fault. The twins didn't live either they died with her. She died having them, and they only got to breathe in one breath. It's all my fault.

   I kept my eyes on the road, stopping at the stop light. It had began to rain, probably Zeus's twisted way to say I'm sorry. The light turned green and I continued to drive. I was in Nico's subdivision now, and I pulled into his drive way. I sat in the car for a moment, trying to retrain myself how to breathe. Before I become one with my car, I opened the door, letting the rain become my tears.

   I got out of my car and closed the door behind me. I walked up to the front door and knocked. There was no answer. Maybe he's in his room. I walked around until I say his bedroom window. I peaked behind me to make sure no one was watching. When the coasts were clear I pulled myself up and onto the small amount of roof. I opened his door, which wasn't locked and went inside. Nico wasn't in his room so I investigated. I walked around, hearing the floor board creak underneath me. When I was sure he wasn't upstairs, I checked down stairs.

   I walked around in the back but I didn't see him. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw him out of the corner of my eye. Nico was asleep leaning against the front door. Silly kid, nearly gave me a heart attack. As I got closer, I could see the bruises. He must have gotten into a fight, either with someone else or with himself. I put my cold hand onto his face and he awoke with a start, blinking and looking around. It took him a moment to register me.

   "Percy? That you?" His voice sounded as if it was still half asleep.

   "Hey Neeks," I said softly. I sat down next to him and he leaned his head on me.

   "How did you get into my house?"

   "I went through the window."

   "Oh."

   "So you got my message?"

   Nico looked at me in confusion. "What message Perce?"

   I gave him a sad smile. I pulled him in for a hug, and he hugged me back. The tears didn't stop and I could feel Neeks confusion radiating off of him. He tried to control his breathing, trying to make it softer, but I could tell he was worried.

   "Neeks, Anne, the twins, they're gone." Nico looked at me with big brown eyes looking at me with a confused horror.

   "What do you mean gone Percy. Your scaring me." 

   "Anne's gone Neeks. Their all gone Neeks." I couldn't help it, those two sentences were on repeat for me. "Anne's gone Neeks. They're all gone Neeks."

   Nico tried to comfort me but it was no use. Nico stood up, and tried to help me up too. I didn't struggle, so he got me up easily. He helped me get up the stairs and to the guest bedroom. He told me to try to get some sleep. He told me if he need me for anything, just to hollower. I nodded and flopped down on the bed. I couldn't close my eyes, and I could only speak two sentences as if they were on repeat.

   "Anne's gone Neeks. They're all gone Neeks."