Chapter 8

Just wanted to say that my one-year Wattpad anniversary was yesterday (Dec 13)! Ok I know I broke some hearts yesterday but I'm here to make it up to you. Grab some tissues just in case but also a glass of water.

The water is really just so you stay hydrated.

Anywho, lets get this party started!

Percy's POV

   "Anne's gone Neeks. They're all gone Neeks." Those two sentences were the only things on my mind. I looked to the left of me, where the clock was located. 4:57am, damn, I've been awake for a while now haven't I? Great...

   "Will you stop your blabbering Percy, I like sleep too." I looked at the doorway, seeing a tired looking Nico in pajama pants and a black t-shirt. He walked over to my temporary bed and took the covers off of me. He then got in next to me, cuddling into me.

   "Hey! What are you doing Neek?" My tone of voice was surprised.

   "Thin walls Percy," Neeks hugged me and I could feel his heart beat, "I know your mind is destroy itself because of Annie, but you need to breath Perce. Things will get better, take this advice from the man who has first hand experience."  

   "Neeks..."

   "No I mean it Percy," Nico looked up at me and sat up. "I am telling you this as your cousin. You will feel bad. You will feel hurt. You will hate everyone. But it gets better. I got better after I got mixed up with you in the Labyrinth-"

   "Nico-"

   "No Percy. Listen to me. You need help to get through this, you are not mentally strong enough. I think it would be good for you to talk to both you dad, and Annie's mom."

   "What will I achieve from doing that Neeks? I get it, grieving good, moping bad, but I'm an adult Neeks. I'll be fine, you don't need to worry." Nico sat up and turned away from me. My Nico senses were telling me that he was angry with me. I sat up as well, and I leaned on him. He leaned on me and sighed.

   "I'm just worried for you Perce. You have a habit of going off the rails."

   "Name one time."

   Nico looked at me with a are you really THAT dense face. "I don't know, how about... St. Louis Arch."

   "Who told you about that one?"

   "Annie, she was furious with you for destroying it."

   "Yes she was." I laid back down, taking Nico, who squeaked in protest, with me. "Damn Neeks, your freezing."

   "You just have a warmer body temperature."

   "Right..."

*Three hours later* *Still Percy's POV*

   I slowly got out of the bed. Nico was out like a light, sprawled out and taking up the entire bed. During the cuddling period, the entire time he was purring like a kitten. When I tried to move him he hissed so I pulled him back into the cuddling position causing the purring to begin again. After my escape, I slowly made my way to the door way, cringing as the floor creaked beneath me. I turned around, expecting to see Nico wake up. 

   Thankfully he was still asleep.

   I walked down the stairs, and turned towards the kitchen. But the strangest thing happened. There was another person, a male, tall, dark hair. I watched as he just waited in the corner. I walked over to him, seeing his surprised face.

   "Who are you?" I asked him. He shook off the shock and extended a hand. He was in casual clothing, with sneakers on.

   "Richard, but you can call me Dick."

   "Percy, you can call me Percy." I shook his hand. "So, who are you to Nico?"

   Dick gave a friendly smile. "I'm just a friend, how about you?"

   "I'm his cousin." 

   "He's never mentioned you?"

   "Well I've been busy on the West Coast, not really the East Coast."

   Dick nodded. He handed me a cup of coffee and I thanked him. Dick had explained that he had met Nico from picking up his brothers at school. He had just had talked to him in short burst, but that they didn't seem to hate each other just yet. I laughed, that did sound like the Neeks I know. 

   There were footsteps coming down the stairs, and a sleepy Nico became present. I came to the kitchen and Dick handed him a cup of coffee. Nico had muttered a thanks and took a sip. Nico looked at me, then at Dick, then back at me. Going wide-eyed, Nico took a step back.

   "Dicky, what are you doing here, how did you even get in?"

   "I picked the lock on your front door."

   "Oh. Ok. Wait a minute, that's breaking and entering!"

   "Go ahead and call the cops Nico, I'm one of them." Nico looked at him with a great deal of surprise.

   "When did I tell you my name?"

   "You didn't. Your cousin Percy did." Nico gave me an angry glare.

   "Percy!"

   "I didn't know! I was just happy you made a friend." I said, coming to my own defense. I looked at Dick, who had an amused smile on his face.

   "Oh chill out Nico, no need to freak."

   "How would you feel if I broke into your house!"

   "You'd have to get through the electric fence, but by all means." Dick smirked and Nico growled

   I took another sip of my coffee. This was going to be a fun conversation.