Chapter 12

Hey guys, last chance for signing up for the funeral. If you have already signed up, I can't wait to see you there!.

If you haven't signed up already, put your username here---->

Also, for the song above, start playing when you get to the second POV.

   "I hurt all over." I said as I sat down on the sidewalk outside of my apartment. The building I was living in was completely demolished. Luckily, no one but me lived in the building, so there's that.

   "Well you did fall from your bedroom to your kitchen, not the most comfortable fall." J said, examining the wreak. There were sirens in the distance, someone probably called the police.

   "Welp, I guess I'm going back to living with Percy." I said, coughing out some of the dust still left in my lungs. I didn't bother standing up, my chest was killing me.

   "You know, you could always live with me and Harley." 

   I looked up at him squinting. "Who's Harley?"

   "Harley Quinn, my fiancé. She's great, you'll love her." Joker continued to describe her; sweet girl, kind of loony (like he's one to talk), great with kids, and an all round great woman. 

   "Well," I said, looking back at the rubble. I frowned. Didn't even get to stay there for a week. "I don't know J, I got to go to a funeral in a couple of days. All my belonging are destroyed... I mean I could always stay at home but the time difference is different there."

   "Well what do you need for the funeral? A suit, flowers, anything else?" I looked up at him, squinting the sun out of my eyes.

   "That's about it."

   "Well, I could help you get the suit, and the flowers. And I can provide room and board." J said, sitting down next to me. I looked in his direction, hearing the sirens near.

   "Ok, but only for a little bit."

   "Yay! Okay kid, lets hit the road!" J hopped up pulling me along with him. Silently screaming in pain, I held onto his shoulders. He gave me an address and just before the cops showed up, I took us away. I waved to my apartment, saying goodbye.

   May it rest in pieces.

Dicky's POV

   It seemed that the police had arrived just one second late, for Nico wasn't there anymore. Damian had demanded that I bring him with me, so begrudgingly, I brought him. When I pulled up in the squad car, Damian ran onto the scene. The rest of the police seemed kind of in shock.

   The apartment had definitely seen better days.

   I looked around to see if we were being watched, but I couldn't see anything or anyone. Wally had said that he would come by later to come and find anything that could point us in the right direction, whatever that is.

   "Damian, you got anything?"

   "No, everything is crushed. What did you do here? Is this why you don't have an apartment?" Damian said, not looking back at me. I rolled my eyes.

   "You can blame Joker for this, he blew up that place. And I do have an apartment, you just don't know where it is." Damian frowned at me, huffing and walking back to the car.

   "We don't need to be here, wrap this up so we can go."

   "Where do you have to be?" Damian didn't meet my eyes. His face was slightly red. 

   Oh, that's where he had to go.

   Noticing my knowing smirk, Damian growled at me, stomping angerly to the car. "Lets just go Grayson."

   "Okay, okay. No need to freak out. I'm sure J-"

   "You will not say his name." 

   "Fine."

   I drove us back to the manor. When I finished parking, Damian jumped out of the car and ran away. Kids theses days. Jason was in the garage, polishing and cleaning one of his many pistols. I waved and he continued to mind his own business. It was when I was about to leave did he begin speaking.

   "So, we're just friends with the Joker now huh."

   I stopped and looked at him. "We will never be friends with the Joker." Jason scoffed. He walked up to me stopping right in front of me.

   "Then, why didn't you arrest him, or kill him. Why Dicky, why didn't you do it."

   "I don't know J, I wish I could tell you, but I just don't know. A gut feeling told me not to."

   "A gut feeling told you not to put down the monster that killed your brother?"

   I looked away from Jason. I moved past him and walked inside. I could hear Jason start to scream as I closed the door behind me. I'm sorry J, I don't know why I didn't end him, I guess I was to worried about the other guy. So I waited just behind the door, waiting until I could give him a hug.

   Because God knows he needs one.