The Start of the End

Match's POV

"I think I see something over on the distance..." said Pencil, who was looking towards the volcano.

...and I couldn't have guessed sooner.

The ground started shaking, spreading across the entire forest.

I heard screams of panic, and one of the last things I saw was molten-hot lava heading towards us.

Ice Cube's POV

An erupting volcano was the last thing I'd expect...

Match got swallowed by the lava.

We started running for our lives. Pencil didn't move an inch. She was crying.

"Come on, Pencil! Let's go!" Bubble shouted, pulling her arm.

"NO! I'll stay here!" she said, eyes full of tears.

Bubble then encased all of us in one large bubble and started to maneuver it. It was surprisingly fast.

We reached the barrier and looked down; lava was everywhere. Infact, everybody stopped fighting and rushed to find a safe place.

The first choice was on the restroom. Many of them pushed each other off to gain safety.

Meanwhile, all the people with a flying object on their team were safe on the sky.

Pin's POV

Oh no. Needle and Coiny were the only ones carrying us singlehandedly. If one of them loses their balance, it will cost us our life.

...and the lava is starting to rise rapidly, from Coiny's leg up to his mouth and from Needle's foot until her waist.

"Uhhhh... guys? I can't see..." Coiny said.

The lava completely submerged him and it was now heading for his outstretched hand.

From the restroom roof, Golf Ball had shot a laser at Coiny. It instantly made him lose his grip on us four.

Suddenly, everything was on slow motion.

Needle removed her hand from all of us and sprinted towards Golf Ball.

All of us were falling, but slowly.

Five inches...

Needle is halfway to the roof.

Four inches...

Needle reached it and is now climbing it.

Three inches...

Needle has sucessfully slapped Golf Ball, and Tennis Ball could not do anything about it because time was really, really slow.

Two inches...

She's running back to us.

One inch...

She dived towards us and caught us a few milimeters off the lava.

Time went back to normal.

Golf Ball fell in lava, while Tennis Ball pulled her back a little TOO late.

She's already turned into atoms.

Needle ran for it, and we were scared she'd lose her balance and we'd all fall.

But she didn't.

The barrier was closing in and we have nowhere to go but on a hill where the lava hasn't reached yet.

Needle finally let us down on the "island", as I call it, because everywhere is surrounded with lava.

She said she'd get more supplies for us, because there were still three "islands" with opposing teams on it.

"So what do we do now?" asked Leafy, who just took a chip from my bag.

"Well, let's wait. We can depend on Needle." Cake said.

I saw the lava rising slowly.

"I think we'd have to leave here soon..." I said, pointing at the lava.

They all nodded and we all rest on the grass.

I looked over to the sky, with multiple teams over there as well.

But something else caught my eye.

I remembered that one episode in BFB 11, where a team member had to climb five hundred steps to reach the goal.

I think that's like, a thousand meters high.

I told it to my team, and they all agreed on going up.

We just had to wait for Needle.

She has to hurry up because I'm anxious the lava is already on the first part of the grass.

----------

Okay okay, I'm sorry for not publishing in a month.

I have a truckload of homework to do, especially since the pandemic.

I've finally gained motivation to write again, too! So expect a new chapter soon!