Chapter 1: The Dream

– y/n's pov –

They must be mental, I thought to myself, staring at a couple of teenagers, seemingly around my age, running full speed towards a brick wall in between platform 9 and 10 at King's Cross Station, each with a cart that's about the size of their own height, full of suitcases and items that...

...look familiar. What are those? I was just standing there, dumbfounded, struggling to make sense of the situation.

"Hey! Watch out!" I screamed at them but couldn't hear myself.

Why am I here? Why can't I move? Why can't I speak? But most of all... What on earth are they doing?

Then the following sight got me shocked.

...Shit, I must be mental. They disappeared. Through the wall.

"What happened next?" Christian asked with his eyes fixed on his phone. He was clearly not interested. That was just him. That was just... us.

Christian was my boyfriend. He was a football player and I was a cheerleading captain. A lot of people called us "relationship goals", but I knew we were far from it. He made me happy and extremely lonely. It was a relationship that... only I was holding onto. He just needed my body when I needed his heart. Anyways, at the moment, there was nothing else that clouded my head more than my freaky dreams.

"I don't know. I wish I could continue but it moves on to the next dream" I said blankly, staring up at the room ceiling with my head resting on Christian's chest.

"Next dream?" He questioned almost like a responding bot. I took a deep breath.

"I saw myself walking down the corridor of a grand -" I didn't know what to call this place.

Castle? Museum? Library? Anyways, this time as well, my body moved involuntarily. I didn't know where I was headed. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I didn't feel anything until... a cold hand grabbed my wrist, calling someone's name..?

"Lascelles -" It was a male voice. Then all of a sudden, there was something missing. There was... a big hole in my heart. It felt as if I'm sinking. Something inside me was screaming to look back and I tried. I really did. But my dreams never allowed me to do as I wished. I heard the pleading voice calling the name again.

"Lascelles... " but it soon muffled with a ringing sound in my head that I couldn't hear the rest of his sentence. My ears. They were hurting like hell as if they were being sliced off by a blade. My head pounding like crazy. I wanted whoever he was to let go of my... hand? He was holding my hand tight. So, even though my head persisted to face forward, I cried out to him.

"Don't let me go!" What? I meant to say the exact opposite!

"Please," My mouth opened again, and I begged him to...

"Kill me"

"Then I got thrown into this darkness and this piercing voice penetrated my ears, calling the same name 'Lascelles' but it... It felt different to when this other voice from the grand place said it. Because that voice was so... warm and heartbroken" I sighed and looked up at Christian, who was still busy texting his friends.

"It's scary" I continued nonetheless. I mean I didn't expect his attention, anyways. I just wanted to let it out.

"Why?" Christian replied blankly.

"I always dream it on the exact same day, the 31st of August. It's been 4 years now" I answered.

"You're having a laugh" Christian literally laughed it off.

"I'm telling you because today is 31st of August and this actually creeps me out. Something weird definitely is happening, Christian." Worries began shading my voice.

"They are just silly dreams." Christian chuckled and sat up to re-position himself. With my head now lying on his bed, he slowly leaned over and whispered in my ear.

"Ignore it. All I'm thinking about right now is how hot my girlfriend would look for tomorrow's game" He then kissed my neck, caressing my waist as I flinched, and his hand slowly went down. Tomorrow was the first day of school. A big day with the first football game of another year.

"Of course" I spat out words in between my harsh breathing. My body was helpless but my mind clearer than ever. I couldn't help but re-live the dream.

Whose voices are they?