Chapter 3: The Olive Tree

– y/n's pov –

I'm in the dream. I sighed in relief. I've been so worried that all the "magical" would be gone, that I would have to return to the old boring life. But I realised something was off. The dream changed. The pair that should be running towards the wall was staring at me. Their gazes made me stiffen even more. I closed my eyes.

That was creepy. I thought to myself as I walked down the grand corridor, my next dream sequence.

Now, time for the hand. I was expecting a hand to grab my wrist. But something really was off. The same repetitive dreams were now different. No hand grabbed me. I walked straight to the end of the corridor.

When my feet stopped, I found myself in front of a wall. Just a plain wall. But I was wrong. It wasn't a plain wall. The wall slowly revealed a wooden door with a silver knob with the shape of a... skeleton? My hand rose and grabbed the knob. The door creaked open and... I saw a male figure. His back was facing me so I couldn't see his face.

Who is he? What is he doing here? Questions flooded in my head as I tried to figure out what was going on. My feet took me to him closer and closer... As my distance to him shortened, my breathing got heavier. I saw him much clearer now. He had a beautiful platinum blond hair, dressed in a black suit, sitting on the cold floor, looking down at 'something' in his arms.

No, it was 'someone'. I heard him sniffling, trembling.

Is he alright? Does he need help? Just as I took a step closer to take a better look at him, he screamed in pain.

"Noooooo!"

I abruptly opened my eyes and sat up, panting and sweating. The dream. It changed. I couldn't believe it changed. It felt more... horrible. I could clearly remember every moment of the dream. Then... a tear strolled down my cheek.

I cried? I thought to myself and buried my face in my dry palms.

"Y/N, darling! You don't want to be late for your first day!" I heard my mum shouting from downstairs. The manor is huge yet she always manages to have her words travel all the way to my room. I had to get ready for another year away from my parents, but I struggled to escape from the aftermath of such vivid dream.

It took me a while to get ready and once I was ready, I dragged my suitcase towards the door, turning back and taking a last glance at my room. I didn't know why but it felt like I would miss my room more than ever this school year.

You're gonna be alright. I took a deep breath, forcefully smiled, then walked out of my room.

The first day always went by so quickly. It was already 5 and the football game was about to start in any minute. Maybe it was the first day vibe or the first game vibe but I was so hyped up and so happy that I could get my mind off the dream as well as the ominous feelings it derived. My cheerleading squad looked stronger and energetic than ever.

"Y/N!" Christian shouted from behind as he approached me. He swung me around by my waist and bent over to kiss me on my lips. He was always extra passionate when other people were around. Our tongues intertwined in a thrilling pace and he pulled me closer to him, hugging my waist tighter.

I already told him several times before about the discomfort I felt whenever he tried making a scene with me in public, but he laughed if off, saying he wouldn't do it. He obviously didn't take my words seriously and he had to ruin my mood like that. I felt angry.

When he noticed that I was not really following up, he placed my hands on his head, whispering to me to run them through his hair. I didn't want to and I got the courage to push him away for the first time.

"Y/N?" Christian whispered, shocked at my action. He awkwardly chuckled and tried to continue the kiss, feeling the eyes of a small crowd that were upon us, as if trying to show them that nothing happened.

"Christian, we talked about this before. I gotta go" I glared at him and he did something that caused gasps from every corner.

He slapped me. He slapped my face with his strong, tough hand.

What just happened? I was stunned. My body started shaking.

"How dare you?" He whispered angrily and pushed me against the lockers and kissed me more forcibly. I could feel his hands trying to pull up my skirt. In front of everyone. I wanted to yell at him but I was so scared I couldn't do anything.

"Aaaaaah!" Christian screamed in pain as someone smacked his head with a cricket bat.

"Fucking arsehole!" It was one of the cheerleaders. She spat at him and grabbed my trembling hand, pulling me away from the spot. Everyone was staring at us, shocked. I couldn't stay there.

"Are you okay?" She checked my face and gave a me tight hug. After a while, I pulled myself away from her and I knew I couldn't stay there.

"I'm sorry" I sprinted to the back of the school, to my favourite hiding spot while sobbing.

I climbed up the old olive tree who would always be my dearing friend and hide me whenever I wanted to be unseen and have my head cleared out. As I made myself comfortable at my tree spot, I cried more, holding my knees close to my chest.

When my tears stopped, the sun was gone and I was surrounded by darkness. I lifted my head up and rested it against the tree crown. The darkness was comforting. Then I saw a bright red bird from distance through the leaves. It was flying towards the tree. Maybe it wants some rest too.

The sound of the wind whistling through the leaves was soothing. I closed my eyes and let myself be lulled by this peacefulness. I needed this.