Chapter 59: Weakened

– y/n's pov –

It was when I Imperiused Draco to kill me that I discovered my ability to cast spells without a wand. Strong will to save him was the key I believe. Since then, I didn't really carry around my wand with me. 

I held out my hand and whispered "Lumos" but nothing happened.

"No, no, no, no, no this is not happening. You are not taking my powers away." My body trembled at the thought of Voldemort. I looked over at Hermione and Ron through the burned down staff room door.

"Ridiklaus! Ridikk-ku-las!" Ron was yelling the boggart-banishing spell with Hermione shaking in his arms. But his attempt to defeat them was failing and soon his body weakened and began shaking as well.

I must help them. I ran down to the dungeons to grab my wand. I had to be the one to save them. I had to be back there before anyone else could witness... what I did. Soon, I reached my dorm, fetched my wand with my shaking hand and sprinted back as fast as I could. My heart was aching and I couldn't breathe properly but I hurried my steps more.

"Ron! Hermione!" But when I came back, the staff room was full of people. It was almost the entire school present, seemingly shocked at the sight they were seeing. Draco was at the back amongst the crowd.

"Y/N," Draco noticed me and grabbed my wrist.

 "something happened here." He stared at me with his brows furrowed. I looked at him silently and pulled my wrist away from his grip. I pushed my way through the gasping crowd. Then I saw Ron with hints of tears in his eyes, sitting on the floor holding Hermione who seemed to have fainted.

"Ron! You okay?" I swiftly knelt down in front of the pair to check up on them. But all that returned was Ron's cold voice.

 "You... you did this to us, to her." Ron whispered, giving me a grimace, wincing and holding Hermione tighter as I got closer to them.

"Ron... please, it wasn't me. I would neve–" I begged but I knew he would never believe me.

"You did this, you psycho! I saw it with my own eyes!"

"Ron, please! Please, don't do this..." My voice cracked.

"What's happening?" Professor McGonagall asked fiercely, making her way through the crowd. She gasped when she saw us.

"Ron..." I begged for the last time... I was afraid.

"Y/N broke Hermione's wand and trapped her with boggarts." As Ron spat out words bitterly, the crowd got louder. 

"Is that true, Miss. Lascelles?" Professor McGonagall's piercing gaze landed on me.

"No... please, why would–" I looked up pleadingly and a stream of tear traced down my cheek.

"And when she found out that I was watching, she tried to erase my memory using Obliviate." Ron continued his accusation and it started frustrating me.

"Please, Ron... I said don't..." He made me so angry... My head hurt and my heart continued aching. Please no, this is not happening again.

"Liar," Ron's voice echoed in my head along with the ringing.

"I said... please..." My head dropped.

"I don't wanna hear you say another word," Ron worsened the pain. The headache was the kind that stopped all other traffic in the brain, as suddenly all had met with red lights.

"Please stop..." I grasped my head in agony.

"No, you stop preten–"

"I... said... DON'T!"

– Draco's pov –

"Y/N!" When I got to the front of the crowd, I saw Y/N, changed. Her eyes were burning red. She slowly rose from the floor, smirking.

"Okay, everyone back away–" I shouted and the crowd retreated. Then Y/N held her hand out towards Ron and... 

She roared "Alarte Ascendare!"

As the spell hit Ron, he was immediately thrown high into the air. The room was filled with Ron's shriek and McGonagall quickly pulled out her wand, shouting "Aresto Momentum!" Her spell slowed down Ron's fall. But as soon as she cast the spell, Y/N attacked her.

"Expelliarmus." Y/N sneered as she disarmed McGonagall effortlessly. "Accio." She then summoned McGonagall and grabbed her by her neck. "Petrificus Totalus." In the blink of an eye, she cast three spells and paralysed McGonagall. 

"Y/N! Stop! Come back!" I yelled but Y/N ignored. Noticing the running crowd, she cast a spell to lock the door "Colloportus." 

Then she stretched her both arms and with her glaring eyes and wicked smile, she shouted "CONFRINGO!" Jets of red sparks left from her hands, causing fiery explosions on both walls. Soon, the room became a chaos with loud yells and cries everywhere. 

I can't see... My head was spinning. I coughed, covering my mouth with my robe. My vision was blurred due to the dust and smoke but I could see the shilouette of terrified students running around crazily.

Then I looked over at where Y/N was standing. When I rubbed my eyes to see clearer, I saw her lying on the floor.

"Y/N!" I ran to her.