Chapter 9: Bad Dream

– y/n's pov –

"I will now be giving you the necessary information that you must possess, Y/N. If you feel a slight discomfort, let me know." Professor Dumbledore's soft voice ironically made me more anxious instead of soothing my nerves.

"Okay." I was ready and not at the same time. But I needed to know. I hated the feeling that everybody knows me better than I do myself.

"Both of your maternal and paternal grandparents were the most loyal followers of Voldemort." Professor Dumbledore began.

"Your mum, Arya, she was forced to marry a man amongst the soon-to-be death eaters, just like herself, to produce more pure-blood that could potentially make their leader much more powerful, and that man... was your dad." He paused, observing my attentive face.

"Your parents also went to Hogwarts. Both of them, exceptionally smart. They always competed against each other to become the top of the class. Fortunately, your dad was just like your mum, good at heart, desiring for an escape from the dark forces."

Hearing about my "parents" for the first time was quite interesting. They were at this same place, maybe the same room, years ago.

"They fell in love and, with the help of their talents, successfully carried out a plan to hide themselves before the Dark Wedding and the following Dark Mark ceremony, in which you get a dark mark that makes you a real death eater. Afterwards, they made a living in a suburb as farmers for quite a while, eliminating all traces of magic in their lives." He paused again and I nodded so he could continue.

"It was only possible because it was them, an exceedingly gifted pair... But even for them, some things were inevitable" He seemed hesitant now and it made me anxious.

"...What happened?"

"3 years later, you were born. You were born special... You are an Allorant, Y/N" As this word came out of his mouth, Draco quickly turned to look at me as if surprised.

"What's an Allorant?" Today, I was introduced to so many new words. Here comes another.

"There are witches and wizards naturally born with the most powerful magical abilities. They are identified by their distinctively strong magical scent," I thought maybe this could be related to Draco's prior remark saying "...performing magic, it leaves traces"

"People began calling this group the Allorant, a mixture of two words "Allure" and "Enchant". They can be invincible but most of them are murdered before gaining much power as they can pose great threats to the Wizarding world. They are the weakest when young, because they are not skilled to hide their scent." Professor Dumbledore paused and looked at me concerned.

Though Dumbledore didn't put it into words, I knew what he was implying. I am basically the reason my parents were found. I was the method by which Voldemort found out where my parents were hiding. I am the cause of my parents' deaths. I opened my mouth but words didn't come out easily.

"...How... did I survive?" I tried my best not to sound too heartbroken, but I couldn't help it.

"That, we don't know. You are extremely lucky that you're alive, Y/N."

"Lucky?" I murmured bitterly.

I felt numb at first. Nothing felt real and I simply didn't know what to feel. But now, my heart was sinking. Everything was just way too much to take in, in a span of a day. Then I felt anger.

"What about my parents who actually raised me then? Who are they?" I felt a lump in my throat. I hoped that this was all a joke.

"Kind-hearted, sympathetic strangers? This is unbelievable. I've got to go home." I rose from the couch sharply.

"Please, take me back to my parents." I fiercely stared into Professor Dumbledore's worried eyes.

"You've got to stay, Y/N." My heart plummeted at his words.

"I completely understand and sincerely respect your parents' will to get you as far away as possible from this world, but it would be way more dangerous if you aren't skilled to protect yourself." Professor Dumbledore speeded up in his explanation.

I didn't really care. This must all be a dream. I took off Draco's robe and threw it on the couch. Then I walked towards a crusader statue on the side of the room, grabbing a shining dagger from its hand.

If I hurt myself, I would wake up from this horrible dream and find myself back on the olive tree. Just a bad dream, Y/N. I rose my arm, directing the dagger's keen edge towards my neck. I closed my eyes tightly and stabbed.

"Accio"

I mean I was really going to, but the dagger was no longer in my grip. It was in Draco's.

"I would have just left you do your thing, but I can't watch an Allorant die from a dagger stab. That's a waste of life." Draco's annoying voice echoed in my head.

My legs got weak and I fell to the floor. Tears started strolling down my cheeks slowly, then irresistibly.

"How can this be real?"