Chapter 29: The Fall

– y/n's pov –

The view was splendid, though I could barely open my eyes due the the piercing wind that I flew through. Draco was now chasing me at full speed and I wanted to prove him wrong when he said he could catch me in seconds. I flew faster.

The cold evening wind embraced my face and I attempted an upward vertical soar motion to trick Draco who was flying forward following me. But suddenly, my broomstick made a rather stronger turn than I expected and I lost grip of it.

"Aah!" I helplessly shouted as I fell from my broomstick, but the horrifying feeling of falling ended soon after as Draco caught me. As I landed on his arms, his broomstick tilted and we both almost fell but soon got into a settled position. 

"You almost got us both killed," Draco smirked and burst into laughter.

"5 minutes did you say?" He quipped and I blushed out of embarrassment. My heart was still beating so fast because of the thrill from the fall and... the proximity. I was sitting sideway on his broomstick with his left arm supporting my back. He held me tightly to his chest and I couldn't meet his eyes. Draco slowed down and stared down at me. Then I remembered something.

"My broomstick!" My eyes widened and Draco chuckled.

"Don't worry, it won't fall like someone." Draco smirked at the word 'fall'

"Let's go get it." I was worried I would lose my broomstick the day before my first tournament task. But Draco seemed rather... reluctant.

"We can do that later," He gazed into my eyes and his face was now serious. His eyes then fell on my lips.

"can I make a wish?" Draco spoke in a low voice and I knew what he meant.

"No..." My face heated up and looked away shyly.

"You do realise that you're on my broomstick and -" He made a pushing motion and I almost lost balance again but he caught me tighter immediately.

"Draco!" I turned to face him again.

"You are in my hands, quite literally." Draco smirked. His silver hair and eyes were shining more beautifully by the dim moonlight. They were... irresistible.

"...What's your wish?"

"Kiss me."

"...I"

He then cut me off with his lips. The kiss was enchanting. We were flying up in the air, our lips locked in each other's tenderly. It felt like time stopped when his lips met mine, but the flutter only intensified. My heart pounded in my chest and my entire body got weaker. I could only focus on how soft he felt against my mouth, how addictively he invaded all my senses.

– Draco's pov –

Y/N wrapped her arms around my neck and the kiss felt more magical than anything else. I half opened my eyes every time I came back for air, sneaking a guilty peek at her, just to make sure this wasn't a product of my imagination.

My whole body tingled, the feel of her frame on mine felt nearly forbidden. I pulled her in closer, claiming her mouth hungry and intense. It was hard to keep my other hand on the broomstick. I wanted to touch her. Feel her.

– Y/N's pov –

Heat rose from my stomach to my chest and my heart definitely skipped a beat as Draco's lips were closing in. His scent filled my nostrils to the point of near brain death. He was so close. That was it – at that very moment his lips brushed over mine like a wave of warmth and all my body reacted to him instinctively. The taste of him... it silenced my thoughts and I wanted more.

– Draco's pov –

Heat rose from my stomach to my chest. Y/N's lips were getting closer and my heart decided to skip a beat, the smell of her hypnotic beyond reason. I felt her washing over like a wave of warmth, unfurling all my senses as the taste of her nearly silenced all thoughts. I wanted more.

– Y/N's pov –

The kiss got more passionate. Adrenaline rush. So much of it that I nearly forgot to breathe, my heart a ticking bomb. I parted my lips only to feel his pressing like an artist's brush against my canvas, intense, smooth but contained. 

Draco's lips then conquered my neck, hungry, consuming, pulling me with his left arm into the warmth of him as if he mastered the balance of gravity. But suddenly one thought came across my mind. 

"Dra... Draco?" I panted as his lips persisted to press on mine.

"What?" He replied shortly, heavily breathing, then continued the kiss.

"What... What are we?" 

Draco's half-closed eyes wide opened at my question and he slowly pulled his lips away. Trying to think of an answer, he scanned my face. But he seemed to be failing.

"Do we need to be something?" 

Then I felt a sudden hole in my heart at his remark. The maddening rush of sensations that once crawled across my body vanished. My eyes were still fixed on his and his were fixed on mine. We flew in silence. Though I knew that he was not wrong and that I should be feeling the same, the response was stifling. 

"Well, um... Your wish is now fulfilled so can we go find my broomstick?" Trying my best to seem unaffected, I casually spoke to him, but I couldn't hide my dismal face...

The ride to finding back my broomstick and back to the Hogwarts field, as well as walking back to our common room was one awkward time. 

"Thank you." I spoke nonchalantly and walked separate ways to enter my dorm. Then Draco's voice whispered from behind.

"...Good luck tomorrow."

– Draco's pov –

When Y/N asked the question, I was conflicted. It was the one question that I'd been wanting to avoid. I simply didn't know the answer to the question and... I just was not a person capable of forming deep emotional connections with someone. I just hoped that she would be a somewhat similar person but she seemed hurt. 

It was a bit sad that all I could say was "good luck" afterwards. I just wished that she now realised what kind of a person I am and avoid further emotional attachments. I felt the need to do the same because I was still a coward to changes. 

I've already opened myself up a lot to her. I will keep it this way and there will be no more... 

At least that's what I'll try to do.