Chapter 10: New World

– y/n's pov –

I don't know how much time has passed. I was crying my eyes out in front of two strangers who patiently waited for me to calm down. I felt embarrassed and I couldn't look up at them. Dumbledore approached me and held his hand out. With his help, I got back on my feet.

"It's getting close to the curfew. You two better get to your dorm." Dumbledore gave a gentle pat on our shoulders.

"Wait, do my... parents know?" I hesitated at the word "parents"

"I mean my... my parents who raised me. They will be worried sick, and my school... I'm supposed to be in the dorm... right now."

"All have been taken care of." Professor Dumbledore had his gentle smile on again. I wanted to ask for details, but I was so tired that I wanted to be in bed already.

If everything he told me and everything I saw today is real, Professor Dumbledore did all he could do. All that's left for me to do is to get used to this world.

"Draco, I wouldn't say good job on your remark, but good job on your spell." Professor Dumbledore said to Draco and he handed him a suitcase.

"Take good care of her." The suitcase had initials imprinted on the side 'Y/F/N . Y/L/N' It seemed to belong to me.

"You know where to find me if you need help." Professor Dumbledore gave me his final gentle look and I awkwardly smiled in return. I did truly thank him inside, though, and hoped he would notice it.

On our way to our dorm, Draco quite surprisingly didn't complain about having to carry my suitcase. I felt sorry. He waited for me and stayed with me all that time. Then I quietly let out a chuckle as I remembered him lying about his need to see Professor Dumbledore.

"Thanks Draco, I will carry it myself." I offered to help.

"Well, that was really quick." He then pushed the suitcase towards me. I was impressed by his consistently rude manner.

Draco walked fast and I almost had to sprint to catch up. When we reached the staircases, it couldn't get more challenging. I didn't know what was inside of this suitcase, but it surely wasn't empty.

"Can you slow down?" I grumbled while struggling to balance myself walking downstairs with the suitcase.

"I swear to god I've never seen anyone who walks faster than you –" As soon as the last word travelled out of my mouth, I tripped over my own foot and fell down with a terrific thud.

"Ouch!" I let out an acute moan as a sharp pain pierced through my ankle. Lucky I was only three steps away from the ground floor.

"Oh, Bloody Hell!" Draco, who was walking far front, darted back towards me and kneeled down to check my ankle. As he gently twisted it to check the severeness, I groaned.

"Can you walk?" Draco sighed with a slight scowl.

"Yea... Can you just hold my –" I was going to ask him to just support my walk when he suddenly stretched his arms behind my back and my legs to lift me up and began carrying me.

"You could just –"

"That will take forever, and I'm knackered. Don't worry about the suitcase, I'll bring it to you." Draco cut me off coldly. I was a bit startled by the sudden proximity. I could literally feel his breath. My face heated up slightly.

– Draco's pov –

Shit, I should have just carried the suitcase. I need to carry her all the way to the hospital wing now. Why does she have to be so sloppy?

When I looked down to have a quick glance at her ankle, I could see that it's gotten quite swollen.

It must hurt, I hope Madam Pomfrey could fix it right away, so I don't have to hear her stupid moans. It's not so bad watching an Allorant looking helpless in my arms, though... Her face is red. Is she blushing? God, why does she have to look so silly I want to make fun of her so bad.

"You're worse than Potter" I blurted out.

"Who's Potter?" She looked so clueless.

"A Gryffindor boy with a similar family drama"

"What's Gryffindor?" Still so clueless, so funny.

"Another House, you idiot"

"Well, nobody told me about different Houses so how am I supposed to know?" Y/N fought back and as she moved I almost lost balance and held her tighter.

"Careful, Lascelles. Almost dropped you just now" I snapped at her.

She was now closer to my chest. Her perfume hitting me stronger. I felt uncomfortable because our proximity created this weird ticklish feeling that I'd never felt before. I hated it.

"What a shame to the Allorant." I scoffed at her, but she didn't hit back and was quiet.

"Draco?" Instead, her weak and delicate voice called my name. I liked the sound of it.

Shit, what is wrong with me?

"What" I replied coldly.

– y/n's pov –

He held me closer to him when I moved. It somehow felt comforting. Though it wasn't a hug, I've been needing someone to hold me tight. After all, it's been an extremely daunting day.

"What a shame to the Allorant." Draco scoffed. I didn't say anything because he was right. I felt helpless.

"Draco?" I had an unsolved question that bothered me the most.

"What" He replied coldly.

– Draco's pov –

"What will Voldemort actually do if he finds me?"

Y/N asked this question before and she sounded more distressed now. Was my answer too harsh earlier? I felt like I should be blunt about it. Didn't want her whining again.

"Don't worry, he's incorporeal yet and... he won't kill you. Though, he might take you with him." I waited for her reaction, but she didn't say anything. I looked down at her.

She had fallen asleep. I snickered at the sight and observed her closely. The glitter on her eyes shined cheerfully whenever the moonlight shone through the glass windows. She was actually not too bad to look at.

From her makeup and outfit, I could easily guess that she was brought here while cheerleading at her old school. Then I pictured her cheerlead in the Slytherin cheerleading uniform. She would be quite... lookable.

As I slowed down, I could hear her peaceful breathing. Every once in a while, she frowned and closed her eyes tightly. Is she dreaming? She must have been so tired.

Hope the dream isn't too harsh. She's already had enough today.