Chapter 28: Calm before the Storm

– y/n's pov –

Then somebody tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around and Krum was standing behind me.

"May I have a word with you? Properly, this time. I promise"

– Draco's pov –

Has she gone mad? 

When Professor Dumbledore announced Y/N's name, my body stiffened. Triwizard tournament can be quite dangerous and she just got here. She doesn't know what she's throwing herself into.

When did she? But... did she actually?

Y/N seemed perplexed and it was weird. I thought about it and I was pretty sure she doesn't even know how the Goblet of Fire works. 

Then how? There's something terribly wrong.

I couldn't do anything but watch Y/N leave with Krum. 

"Did you guys see Y/N put her name in the goblet?" asked Shane.

"I didn't... Did you, Draco? Oh, Amber might know" then asked Kyle.

"Nope she's been with me the entire time except when she was with... Draco did you really not see her put her name in?" 

"...No" I answered while my head was conjuring up memories with her. I never left her alone.

"If she actually didn't do it herself that means-" 

"It's worse than her putting it in herself..." There was now anger and frustration in my voice. I needed to talk to her, whether that be an interrogation or scolding, I needed to see her.

– y/n's pov –

"I did not put my name in the goblet!" I stared straight into Krum's worried eyes. We went out to the Quidditch field to avoid people eavesdropping.

"It wasn't me. Well, first of all, I thought that Goblet was a mere decoration. I didn't even know that delegations could put their names in it. I was busy talking with Amber when Professor Dumbledore was making this long speech about the selection." I was almost begging for him to believe me because... I mean it was the truth. I was as confused as everyone.

"Y/N... Even if what you're saying is the truth, that does not really matter." Krum let out a deep sigh.

"Then what matters?"

"The fact that you just got selected as the Triwizard tournament for fuck's sake." Krum's voice heightened. Why is he so mad?

"I really don't know what gives you the rights to speak to me like that." I felt bitter. 

"It is my parent's responsibility to look after you, thus it is mine as well."

"Ugh! Why is everyone so obsessed with this anyways? It's just a tournament!"

"An extremely- dangerous tournament, Y/N, especially for you."