Chapter 6: Accio

– y/n's pov –

Couldn't Dumbledare just stay at the hall? I was lost and I didn't know where to find him in this gigantic castle.

"Are you lost?" Then I heard a kind voice from behind, a voice that was quite the opposite to that of the blond boy. I didn't even know his name and I couldn't care less. I turned around and a tall boy in yellow robe was standing in front of me.

"Hogwarts can be quite intimidating" He talked softly with a gentle smile. So I guess this place is called the "Hogwarts".

"Wait, Hogwarts? I'm at Hogwarts?" I asked rhetorically.

"I've read about Hogwarts in History of Magic. I should have paid more attention to it. Out of all, it must be that one book I didn't care about. Ugh! If only I knew it would be the most practical one" I talked to myself real fast and the yellow robe guy chuckled. I felt foolish.

"I'm Cedric. Cedric Diggory." He held out his hand.

"and I'm -" Shaking it, I tried to introduce myself as well but,

"Y/N Lascelles" Cedric already knew who I was. Looking at my reaction, he spoke again.

"You must have so many questions" He paused, then continued.

"and frustrated by the constant mentioning of the name that you think is not yours" He knew exactly how I felt. I was a bit taken aback.

"Uh... Right, yeah. That's why I need to see uh.. Dumbledare? And could you help -" I was going to ask him for directions when Cedric burst into laughter.

"Did you say Dumbledare? Hahaha" Cedric's remark made me confused.

"It's... It's not Dumbledare?" I asked, embarrassed. As I blamed myself for not taking that history book seriously, I heard a familiar condescending voice.

"It's Dumbledore, you idiot." It was the blond boy. I snorted and I was going to say something when he cut me off and began talking to Cedric.

"It seemed like Professor McGonagall was looking for you. Probably some prefects stuff. Better go check it out" He said nonchalantly.

"Thanks, Malfoy." Cedric then grabbed my hand and bent over to gently kiss it. I smiled. He is so sweet.

"It was nice talking to you. Take her to Dumbledore, Malfoy" He winked at me jokingly at the name "Dumbledore" and left, giving a pat on Malfoy's shoulder. I finally found someone normal and he just had to leave. Great.

– Draco's pov –

When I followed her out after a while, I saw her talking to a Hufflepuff. Ew.

I saw her smile. I didn't know why but it just made me so angry. Probably because I wanted her to be miserable after disgracing me.

Pulling that dirty Hufflepuff away from her wasn't hard. A simple lie did the work. Before he turned to go back to the Hall where Professor McGonagall was supposed to be "looking for him", he kissed Y/N's hand.

Did she just smile? I disapproved of it. Immensely. She shouldn't hang out with them. If you truly belong in Slytherin, you have to act like a Slytherin, and I will make her to do so. But before that, Dumbledore should give her something to wear instead of that small attire.

– y/n's pov –

"Ditching your own house and hanging out with a Hufflepuff, that's a good way to start your first year" So "Malfoy" smirked, and I simply ignored.

"My name is Draco. Draco Malfoy. I don't think we had time for proper introductions back in there. It's nice to meet you, pure-blood" He held out his hand like Cedric before, but it felt like a completely different action. There was sarcasm in his tone, and I didn't know why he called me "pure-blood" but the way he said it was unsettling.

"Where can I find Dumbledore" I crossed my arms, expressing my unwillingness to shake his hand. Then, without words, he just looked down at his arm and back at me. I knew that he wasn't going to offer help easily if I don't do as he wants.

"Y/N Taylor." I rolled my eyes and reluctantly shook his hand.

"Y/N Taylor, I like that name" Malfoy said nonchalantly, observing my eyes, as if he was trying to see something through them. Awkwardly taking my hand out of his hand, I cleared my throat.

"Could you now help me find Dumbledore?" I asked politely, though unwillingly. Can Cedric just come back already?

"Sure" Draco answered. I was actually surprised that he agreed to help but the faint smirk that was present on his face was agitating. Who knows what this guy will try to do to me? I should do something.

"Wait, one thing" Then I walked to stand at about 5 meters behind him.

"What are you doing?" Draco asked, confused.

"We walk like this. Let's be as far as possible from each other to avoid unnecessary clashes" I smiled big innocently. Draco didn't say anything and turned to walk through the long dimly lit corridor beside us. I took this as a nonverbal agreement. But then he suddenly stopped and turned around. He took out something from his robe and said,

"Accio"

In a flash, I found myself standing right in front of him. The summoning charm! Charms was my favourite book out of all and I've read about this. I could confidently say that I've mastered this part with my head, but I've never seen it happen for real and I mean I never expected to.

Draco didn't say anything and I was looking at him, astounded. Well that really was unexpected.

"Impressed, Taylor?" Then he took off his green robe and put it around me indifferently. I was surprised by his unintelligible action and the way he called me by my actual last name. What's gotten into him all the sudden?

"You're flashing everyone" His words then reminded me that I was in my short cheerleading uniform. I could feel my face heat up because of embarrassment.

"Don't fall for me. You're not my type" He added, obviously not missing a chance to mess with me.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"If you must" He smirked and I just needed to make sure that...

"This is a lucid dream, right?"

Draco burst into laughter.

"Yea, I do look pretty unreal" His response did not answer my question. Yea but... Shit, I almost said it out loud. I mean everything did feel too real to be unreal. I was so lost.

Anyways, there was no walking-meters-away-from-each-other afterwards and neither he nor I said a single word about it. We walked in complete silence until we reached the staircases that looked abnormal. Some ends were unlinked and just hanging in the space but Draco walked up the first set of staircases very casually. I followed, doubtfully.

"Uh, I don't think we can go up any further"

Draco turned to face me as I spoke.

"Watch out" Then suddenly the staircases started moving and made a way up to the next set of staircases. My eyes widened and I reached my arms to hold on to the handrails. Draco snickered at the sight of me then resumed walking.