Chapter 21: After Party

– y/n's pov –

Shit.

As I kissed him on his cheek, the crowd around let out louder yells. Pansy was giving me a death glare, and there were Kyle, Shane, and Amber who all seemed pretty shocked by what they had just seen. I awkwardly smiled at Draco and ran to Alexa.

What did I just do?

"Y/N! Everyone's been talking about you! Since when were you that close with Draco???" Amber interrogated me impatiently when I got back to the dorm room. 

"Uh, it's not a big deal we talked things out and he apologised and we... are friends now..!" I answered awkwardly, blushing at my unreasonable act earlier at the Great Hall.

"Glad to hear that he won't act like an arse to you anymore, though"

Amber and I then spent our first Friday girls' night, talking about many different random things, giggling at silly things, which made the two other girls (other roommates) glare at us. It was fun, though, and I was so glad she was my roommate. We were becoming really close friends. 

Saturday, our first Quidditch game day, rolled around and the cheer team was waiting to enter the pitch. 

"What???" I thought I misheard Alexa just now, and she chuckled at my reaction.

"Did I not tell you? That's where we'll be cheering" She pointed at the cheer grounds on each end side of the pitch. She explained that we first enter the pitch and then get into position on the Slytherin cheer ground, which will lift up magically in the air.

"What if we fall???"

"Never, it has protective layers around hahaha."

I was becoming more and more nervous as the time got nearer to the start of the game. I took a deep breath and I heard a familiar voice calling for me. 

"Look at you! I forgot to tell you yesterday but you look good in that uniform," Kyle's frisky voice talked to me and I spotted someone else standing next to him. It was Draco. The two boys I kissed.

Draco nodded at me and I did the same in return with a smile. 

"Can you wish me good luck too?" Kyle pointed his finger on his cheek and teased me playfully.  He was referring to my kiss on Draco's yesterday.

"We gotta go," Draco pulled the back of Kyle's robe nonchalantly.

"Good luck on your first cheer." Draco talked to me as he dragged Kyle away from me, back to the Quidditch team, and I replied.

"Well, good luck against Hufflepuff." 

"The two Seekers! Flying for the Golden Snitch and... Draco Malfoy catches it! The winning team is Slytherin!!!"

Followed by the excited announcement of Slytherin's victory, there was an exuberant cheering from the Slytherin House.

"Draco! Draco! Draco!"

The crowd yelled and I watched him proudly flying around, holding the Golden Snitch high up in the air. I was jumping up and down with the cheer team, smiling brightly, then I noticed something. His eyes were also on me. I waved at him and he nodded, smiling.

The very next thing I saw wasn't as pleasant, though. As Draco landed on the ground, Pansy Parkinson flung herself at him and later gave him a water bottle, which he poured down his throat and also bits on his head. As he threw the empty bottle on the floor, the other players on team threw themselves at him, giving him tight hugs, knocking him to the ground. My eyes now lost sight of Draco as he got buried by the pile of them.

The cheer team went back to the Quidditch changing room to further celebrate and we headed back to the Slytherin common room together. I walked with Kyle, excitedly talking about the game highlight. I wanted to talk to Draco too, but he seemed busy talking with Pansy. I was going to wait for a chance but the two just never stopped talking.

"What's this noise?" I asked Kyle as I heard obscure, but definitely loud noises coming from the Slytherin common room. 

"Ah, you'll see" Kyle gave me an unclear answer and when the team opened the common room door, I was surprised by the sight in front of my eyes. I suddenly heard a loud yell from the crowd in the common room and I took a close look around.

The Slytherin common room was now bursting out loud music – which surprised me because I never thought they had such cool music as well – for an after party. There were magical LED lights floating around in the ceiling, and I couldn't help but wince when I took a close look at them: they were elves.

"Surprised?" Kyle chuckled.

Draco, who didn't give me a single glance since when he was on his broomstick, stood on the table placed on the centre of the common room and shouted to everyone.

"Let's have some fun tonight, mates!"

"Is this alcohol..? Wait, are we allowed to? Like we are legal in this world?"

"Mhmm," Kyle laughed at my reaction.

"Of course not." then he added sarcastically as he held out to me a shot of liquor.

"Don't tell me this is your first time drinking." Kyle spoke, amused.

"Uh... Strict parents?"

"It looks like tonight will be much more fun than I imagined." He spoke as he took a shot and watched me glancing down at the shot of liquor in my hand.

Fuck it.

I followed Kyle and emptied the glass shot. As the liquor travelled down my throat, I could feel a burn.

"Woah, Lascelles's first shot is with me! How is it?"

"Not too bad."

I took 3 shots just like that with Kyle and that's when I realised that I have low alcohol tolerance, thanks to my parents. When I began feeling a bit light-headed, Shane and Amber joined us and we sat in a circle.

"Spin the bottle!" When Shane shouted, an unwelcome voice was heard. 

"There's no fun if we aren't in it." Parkinson sat right across me, and she had her arm tightly locked around... Draco's. But something seemed a bit off. Draco had this weird blank look.

I could be trippin' but does nobody else see it?