P e t t y P a r t y 🙄 P r t. 2

Jay'Shawn Lawson, NJ 📍

It's been a week now and Ashanti and I are still not talking. I've tried starting conversations with her but she just been giving me one word answers.

Did I really make her that mad? Nah she just trippin.

I went downstairs because it was early asl and I was hungry. Once I got in the kitchen I saw Ashanti.

How come every time I come in the kitchen you in the kitchen?

(If you know you know 💀)

I move past her and go to the pantry to get some fruit snacks cause them shits buss no matter what age you is. I turned and looked at her. She was in the refrigerator like she was looking for something.

"Whatchu looking for ma?" I asked her.

"Pizza rolls." I laughed and opened the freezer taking them out. She snatched them from me and started the oven.

It's 3 am who the hell eats pizza rolls at 3 am?!

I sat at a stool and leaned against the island looking at her. We locked eyes for a second but she quickly looked away.

"What do you want?"

"You still mad?" I asked her. She shock her head. "That's hard to tell."

"I'm not mad at you anymore. I'm just staying away from you." Now why the fuck would she do that? Das the opposite of what I want!

"Why?"

"I have my reasons."

"And those reasons are?"

"Do you always need a response to every question you ask?"

"Yeh" I said staring at her.

"Alright," She said walking up to me. "Imma keep a bean wit you. I like you. I have a lot feelings for you. But we live two different lives. I'm a chill girl I just do me. You're a hood nigga that get shit done. And you know what I mean when I saw that." I do know what she mean by that but I'm not no hood average nigga.

"We are not the same. And that's what I hate. So instead of my feelings for getting stronger I just avoid contact with you." She turned and walked away.

"What are you scared of?"

"I'm not scared of nothing. Just facing reality."

"Alright I understand you a smart girl but I just so happen to be a not too smart nigga so you gon have to elaborate." I said making her laugh.

"Basically I like you but I don't think you like me." She breathed heavy after saying that. I looked at her and she looked at me.
Her eyes sparkle when she's nervous. And she fidgets with her bracelet.

"I like you too Ashanti." She let out a smile but it disappeared quickly.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you like me?"

"What's not to like? You're smart, fine, and confident." She looked me up and down trying to read me. Before giving me a soft smile. She nodded her head and jawned. I walked towards her and pulled her in a tight hug.

"Go upstairs." I said pulling away.

"No, I want pizza rolls."

"I'll make them now get out." She laughed and ran up stairs. It felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulder.

I like her and she likes me...we gettin somewhere ma.

I was transferring her pizza rolls from the pan to a bowl when Rachel came in the house and was walking into her room but something caught my eye. The same purse she had in her hand was the purse that was at that house we shoot up. I stood there frozen for a minute before realizing what I was doing I quickly took Ashanti her pizza rolls and a water bottle. Before going in Demarcus's room.

I walked in shutting the door behind me. "

"Marcus" I said walking up to him.

"yo,"

"Remember when we hit that lick at the OP house"

"yea, what about it" He said looking up from his phone.

"while we was in dat house I saw a purse that looked familiar but I brushed that shii off cuz maybe I was seein shit. But Rachel jus walked in dis house with that purse." His eyes got big.

"how do you know for sure?"

"bro, it's a customized bag. that's how it caught my eye."

"So she was there." He said. "She had to be. She was there before we got there."

We sat coming up with a plan for about an hour before we agreed to talk about the rest later. I passed Rachel's room and she gave me a look. And that shit said it all. She knew. And she was aware.

---------------------

Sorry.

This chapter was a little short I just wanted to add this one because I didn't want to end that chapter off with Ashanti and Jay hating watch other.

How do you like the book so far?

Do you ship Ashanti and Jay?

What do you think they will do to Rachel?

Let me know. I love you guys!❤️