N I C O L E !

Ashanti Renèe Robinson, NY 📍

The next day came around and the boys were still not home. They haven't texted or called us. We were worrying but not that much. We know that Jay and De know what they're doing. But other people is who we worry about. They might not have the same intentions as them.

"Aqua been sleep all day girl." I said as she laid on my chest.

"TT baby."

We sat in the living and watched tv. About 30 minutes later the front door open and slammed shut.

"Jay?" I called out from the couch. They turned around the corner and came up behind us.

"Where tf have ya niggas been?" Jo'nae asked as I put Aqua in her car seat.

"Man. We was steakin out to see what the fuck was up. And it's Layla bro." I looked over at Jay that stood up against the wall.

"So it's that damn girl again."

"She called her pops."

"Huh."

"Remember when I told you my record was cleared."

"Yea and?"

"It didn't do it on its own. Layla's dad worked with my dad. I promised him when I was 16 I would make sure Layla was straight."

"Okay?" I said with a face.

"I tried giving her a job at the club but she keep startin shit there. So she don't got no job. She went and told her dad I fired her and put my hands on her. That's why a nigga was following you."

"That dude looked mad young."

"It wasn't him. It was one of his goons."

The look on his face said it all. This is the first time I've ever seen him look scared.

"Ion want you leavin this house Shanti." He said walking away. "If this nigga try something else. I'll go to jail."

"Why me though?" I asked De. He moved closer to me.

"If they can't get him they'll get someone he cares about most and that's you. He's more scared that he'll catch you with Aqua." He whispered.

I looked toward Jay and he was in the kitchen drinking water. I picked up Aqua out her car seat and brought her to him.

"You okay?" I asked while I held her.

"For now yea. Hey daddy baby." He whispered to her. He put down his water and took her from me.

He held her and just looked at her. "I love you Ashanti." He said not looking up.

"I love you too." He looked at me and kissed my temple.

---

2 months later

"Ugh!" I said flopping on Jo'nae's bed.

"Girl wth is wrong wit you?"

"I've been stuck in this house for the longest. I'm so tired of being here."

"Uh- You don't wanna be here wit me?"

"Girl yes but like I wanna go out!!"

"I'm sorry girl. Jay jus don't want nothing to happen to you."

"We should escape." I said to her.

"Chile-..."

"No fr." I said cutting her off. "Aqua's at Aaliyah's house and the boys are out we can leave and come back before they even get back."