R i g h t s & W r o n g s 😣

Demarcus Wayne, NJ📍

I sat at the side of her bed and held her hand. The doctor said she's slowly waking up but I need her ass to let's go.

"Wake up." I whispered to her. "Wake up!"

"Demarcus get out her ear!" Ashanti said walking back in the room with snacks.

"Who are those for?!"

"Not for you. They're for Jo'nae when she wakes up."

"Oh, Where's Jay?"

"He went home to get her some clothes."

We held a regular conversation until Jay came back with her bag. He set it beside Ashanti and stood in front of the hospital bed.

"Anything happen?"

Ashanti and I shook our heads. We all looked at each other. It was quiet like scary quiet. Like something could happen any minute. I reached over and kissed her temple. When I pulled back I saw her eyes start to slowly open.

"Yo." I say waving at them. I pointed to Jo'nae and they saw her awake now with her eyes open. Ashanti went to get a nurse while Jay and I sat next to her.

"Jo'nae. Can you talk?!" Jay asked her.

"W-Where are we?" She asked trying to move. She winced when she put pressure on her side.

"Relax ma. You're still healing."

"From what?"

I looked over at Jay and back at her. "You don't remember?!"

"No. The last thing I remember is parking the car at the mall with ashan-" She paused and started to look around.

"Where's ashanti? Jay. Ashanti. Where is she?"

"Relax she's fine she went to get a nurse."

Right when he said that she walked in with a girl nurse. Ashanti and Jo'nae looked at each other and smiled. Ashanti walked to her bed and hugged her. She was still weak so she couldn't completely hug her back.

"How you feeling?!" The doctor asked her.

"Thirsty how bout u?" We all laughed.

This damn girl.

"I'm feeling just fine, I'm happy you're awake. It's normal to feel thirsty coming out of a coma. I'll be right back." The nurse left and we stood around Jo'naes bed.

"Hey." She said weakly. We laughed again.

"I'm so happy you're awake!" Ashanti said standing next to her.

"Me too. I was bored asl." I looked at Jay with a confused face and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Anyways now that you're awake. I'm six months now!"

Her and Ashanti kept a conversation while Jay and I let them have their moment.

"Imma make things right with her." I told him in the hallway.

"How you plan on doin that?"

"I don't know but I need to. I love Jo'nae."

"What you say?!"

"I love Jo'nae."

He chuckled and looked down at the floor.

"What's funny?"

"You never said that out loud before. It sound weird coming out ya mouth."

"Yea I know." I said looking back into the room at Ashanti and Jo'nae talking. "What should I do?"

"Aht, don't put me in this shit. You cheated you make it up to her. Besides wait till she find out it was a set up."

We walked back into the room and the nurse followed us with water and crackers.

"Here you go Mrs. Andrews."

"Mrs. Wayne." I said correcting her.

"I think the fuck not." Jo'nae said taking the water and crackers from the nurse. "You had it right the first time miss thank you."

The nurse left the room and Jo'nae drank some of her water.

"Whatchu wanna do when you get outta here?" I asked her.

"Sleep." She said blankly.

"You ain't get enough of that shit yet?!" I asked her. Jay slapped the back of my neck. "Ow, nigga what? She been sleep for damn near a month."

She laughed and bit her cracker. "Ew." She said spitting it back on the napkin. "These taste bout stale asl."

"Girl just eat the damn things!" I said to her.

"You can shut the fuck up."

"How you wake up with an attitude you just got back here?"

Jay slapped me again. "Aren't you supposed to be making it right with her?!" He whispered to me.

I turned back to her and smiled but she rolled her eyes at me.

"You look cute in the gown." I said to her.

"Boy if you don't get the fuck on!" Ashanti said laughing causing Jay to laugh.

"I'm not lying!"

We sat there for about an hour or so before a doctor came in and took her vitals. She was doing great. Her wounds were healing properly and she could go home tomorrow but she needs to stay in bed and take her meds.

"Hey guys, sadly visiting hours are over. We do need to keep her an extra night just to make sure she stays stable before sending her home."

"Okay, thank you." Ashanti said getting up. "Alright bestie we gotta dip. Call us if you need anything." She kissed her cheek and walked out with Jay while I stayed behind.

"Jo'nae."

"What?" She asked with her eyes closed laying back.

"We have a lot to catch up on, a lot." I said walking to her side. I took her hand in mine and rubbed it. She smiled before taking her hand away.

"We'll see now get out." She said pointing to the door.

"I'm happy your awake." I said leaning closer to her.

"So am I now get out."

I kissed her cheek before pulling away. "I love you Jo'nae."

"Don't even play wit me like that."

"I'm not playing, I love you. You love me?"

"That's a strong word. And I would like to use that word wit someone that didn't cheat on me with a bitch and get her pregnant."

I rolled my eyes before walking towards the door. "You next." I said leaving closing the door behind me.

I love Jo'nae. Ion love Candy. Ion love that baby.

They need to go. Candy and that fetus. That was supposed to be Jo'nae not Candy.

Some times you gotta make shit happen for the people you love.