R i s e 😈

Ashanti Renèe Robinson, NJ📍

"Ashanti." Stephanie said as we walked to my house door.

"Wassup."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yea, anything what's up?"

"If you were getting hit on by your man, what signs would you give people?"

I stopped in my tracks and looked back at her. " Is Que putting his hands on you?" I asked her.

"No no! Not Que I was just thinking about something." I wanted to ask her more questions but I could clearly tell she was uncomfortable so I left it alone.

She'll tell me when she's ready.

I unlocked the door and walked in with Stephanie behind me.

"Oh my god." She said looking around. "Girl this nice! This all you right here?! Okay!"

"Yea, Jay and I got it a little after we found out we were having a baby."

She looked down at my bump. She looked like she was going to cry.

"What's wrong wit you?" I asked her.

"It's sad. Our parents kept us apart. I've always wanted a bond with you. In my fathers previous marriage I was the only child. You know how excited I was when I found out he was dating your mom. Well on my end I was only excited because she had a daughter. I had dreams of us becoming best friends and doing everything together but it was the total opposite."

I kind of felt bad. All these years I've hated this girl and it wasn't even her fault.

"Stephanie stop. It's not your fault. And it sure as hell ain't mine. It's our parents. Don't dwell on it like that."

She stood there for a minute to get herself together.

"Come on, I want to show you the baby's room." I said taking her hand.

—————————————————————-

Jay'Shawn Lawson, NJ📍

It was a long ass day at work and the club was finally winding down. I looked at the clock and it was 12:30 am. I called up Ashanti to make sure she was good.

Ma❤️.
connecting...

hello?

bae

hey, wassup? you okay?

yea i'm fine are you okay?

yea jus relaxin wit Stephanie

ight i'm on my way home right now

okay be safe on the road I love you

I love you too.

I hung up the phone and was getting ready to put in my pocket when it rang. It was my mom.

Madukes!
connecting...

hello?

jay jay!

yea?

jay jay, i should've listened to you i'm so sorry!

whatchu mean ma?!

your dad h-he won't stop. i thought he changed.

what did he do ma!

he put his hands on me again! i was jus trying to tell him that h-he needs to help around the house m-more and he jus started to hit me. i'm sorry jay jay i should've listened the first tim-

ma stop. you don't have to explain yourself i'm on the way. stay on the phone wit me momma.

I set the phone on the table and grabbed my gun from my desk drawer and put it on my waistband before I threw my hoodie on. I grabbed my phone and sprinted down the stairs and out the door to my car.

As I sped to my moms house I could still hear her crying on speaker phone. I told her to relax and that I'm almost there. I hit a red light and anxiously waited for it to turn. It felt like forever when I heard him bust into the room my mother was in and snatch her up. I yelled into the phone to leave her the fuck alone and seconds later the call ended.

"Fuck!" I said punching the steering wheel.

All I saw was red the thoughts going through my mind were dangerous. My blood was boiling and I was on a thousand. I'm pretty sure if I saw a pedestrian I would hit they ass. Nothing right now mattered to me besides the safety of my mother. I know we had a rough past but my respect and love for my mother would never fade! But my father...let's not.

The light turned green and I slammed on the gas while I dialed Que's number.

Que.
connecting...

yo yo.

gon head and get that clean up crew ready for me.