C A T C H !

Ashanti Renèe Lawson, NY📍

"That's mommy's." I said taking my drink away from Aqua.

"Mommy no." She snatched it and turned her back so I couldn't get it.

"Jay come get your child!"

"Mommy botherin you?" He asked walking in. He picked her up and she laid on his shoulder, givin me a death stare.

"Ion know who you lookin at like that luh girl."

"Look at you mad at a child." Jay said laughin. "Now you gettin the taste of ya own medicine she act jus like you."

I rolled my eyes as I continued to put stuff in my purse.

"You goin ova there again?"

"We." I said putting it on my shoulder.

"We at they house more than our own."

"Yea well Jo'naes pregnant. She was by my side my whole pregnancy so WE gon be by hers."

———

"I'm home!" I yelled once we walked through the door.

"Hey hey." Jo'nae said walking to us. "Hey TT baby." She said reaching for Aqua.

"No." She turned her back on her.

"That's why your head is big."

"Ayeee twinemmm!" Demarcus said walking in the room. Aqua reached for him.

We rolled our eyes and sat on the couch.

"Ya heard from Nicole?"

I looked over at Jay and he looked just as confused as me. "Nah why what happened."

"She's not answerin her phone, or text messages."

"Did she ever go home yesterday?" I asked Jo'nae.

"We don't know. Last thing she told me was she was going out right quick."

"She's a grown woman we don't gotta know her every move." I said getting up to go to the kitchen. Jo'nae and Jay followed me.

"Who made these?" I asked pulling a tray of cookies towards me.

"Demarcus."

"Never mind." I said pushing it away as Jay laughed.

"Yo!" We heard Demarcus yell from the living room. "Ya might want to come look at this shit."

We walked in the living room and saw Nicole's face on the TV.

I took the remote from Demarcus and turned it up.

Reporting Live in Newark NJ where a 20 yr old woman by the name of Nicole Simmons was brought into custody after the murder of 22 year
old Rachel Stevens. Some people may know Rachel from her Youtube channel she has. Police still search for the suspects motive to the
murder. Neighbors say early in the morning they woke up to the sound of gun shots and a person walking out the home in all black. The police caught Nicole in the dead-end jus 30 feet away from the apartments. As details come in we will keep you guys updated back to Samantha in the studio.

"That answer ya question?" Jay asked Jo'nae.

"Uh oh." Aqua whispered pointing to the tv.

"Well that wasn't expected." I said tossing the remote on the couch.

———

"Let's go out or something." I said to them as we played Uno at the table.

"Where ya wanna go?" Demarcus asked.