B a b y s h o w e r 🥳 P r t . 2

(Ashanti's Dad ^^)

(Ashanti's Dad ^^)

Jay'shawn Lawson, NJ📍

Seeing the happiness on Ashanti's face when she saw her father was the icing on the cake.

"Oh my godddddddd!" She said running up to him giving him a hug. "How did you get here?!" She asked him with tears running down her face.

"Jay'shawn got me here. He made it happen." They both looked over at me. She has his eyes.

"You brought him here?!" She asked me. I nodded and she walked over to me and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you Jay. I love you so much." I held her tightly while she cried a little.

"I love you too ma."

"How did you do it?" She asked pulling away.

"I have connects. Remember all those times I ain't want you listening to my phone conversations and shit? Yea this is why." She playfully hit my arm and turned around.

"Alright. Now. Let's find out the gender of the baby."

—————————————————————-
Jo'nae Mariè Andrews, NJ📍

Ashanti and Jay stood next to each other in front of the crowd of people. Cameras were recording and their graffiti cannons were in their hands.

"Alright let's start the countdown." I said standing off to the side.

"5.." We all shouted.

"4.." Ashanti's dad was on the verge of tears.

"3...2..."

"ONE!" We all screamed and they both set of their graffiti cannons.

Pink graffiti flew into the air and fell down. Ashanti and Jay started jumping around and screaming.

"It's a girl!" Everyone screamed.

He pulled her into a tight hug and kissed her passionately. I felt so happy and joyful. I love seeing her happy.

We all stood around and cheered. Ashanti was so happy and Jay was excited. It felt good.

Suddenly, head lights shun through the windows of the hall. I walked over to the window and looked out to someone getting out of a car and walking up to the door. I hurried over and opened it.

"Laura?" She was standing in the other side.

"Hi, Um- Can I come in?" She asked holding a present in her hand

"Hi, Um- Can I come in?" She asked holding a present in her hand. I nodded and held open the door for her to come in.

I walked into the main room with her behind me. Once I got there everyone turned and looked at her. Demarcus was drinking some henny when he spat it out.

"What are you doing here?" He asked her.

"Demarcus we need to talk." We all looked at them with concerned faces.

"There ain't shit we need to talk about."

"Look if ya got a problem ya need to handle that shit somewhere else. This is a baby shower for my best friends. Don't come in here startin shit." I said taking the present from Laura. I was going to put it in the pile of gifts but Ashanti stopped me.

"Let's open some of these." She said. Jay helped bring all the small bags and boxes to Ashanti. He stood beside her to pick up the wrapping paper and to help her if she needed anything.

I looked around for Demarcus and he was on the other side of the room having a conversation with Laura. I can tell it wasn't going well though. He was getting mad. I turned back to Ashanti and Jay because this was THEIR moment.

"Alright bestie first gift." I said to her. She picked up a small bag from Tiffany Co. It was a necklace.

"This isn't a baby related thing but thank you." She said to the crowd.

"I thought it was nice!" Que said. We laughed as she opened for gifts. They had so many pacifiers, baby cleaning towel, baby hats, and baby care sets.

"Thank you guys so much." She said after she opened the last of the small gifts. Jay went and put all the big presents in the car and all the small ones back in their bags.

The party was winding down and everyone was starting to go home. I just peeped that Demarcus never came back to the group after talking to Laura. I walked through out the hall looking for him.

"Demarcus." I called out. "Demarcus." I rounded the hallway of the hall and he was sitting in the bay window looking outside.

"Demarcus!" I said jogging up to him. "Where were you? I was looking for you and the party's over everyone is leaving and you weren't even there." He looked into my eyes. He looked as if he was crying.

"We need to talk." He told me.

—————————————————————