S o u l m a t e 🥺 P r t. 2

Ashanti Renèe Robinson, NY📍

"No! Jo'nae open your eyes stay with me!" I screamed holding her. I didn't care if I was going to get caught anymore. This is my bestfriend. She never deserved this. She was trying to help me. If it weren't for me she would be okay.

I heard footsteps running up to me.

"You thought you could escape?" It said to me. I looked up with tears in my eyes. He was looking down at me with his gun in his hand. Nothing was going through my head right now. I looked down the barrel of the gun waiting for the worst.

----------------------

Jay'shawn Lawson, NJ📍

I ran with Demarcus towards the sound of the bullets. Crowds of people were running towards us while we were running towards them.

"There's in active shooter!" One of them yelled trying to stop us.

I pushed them out my way as I ran. I got to the food court but turned when I saw it empty. I ran down the lobby a little more till I seen Ashanti getting dragged by her hair. I ran up and popped him four times. Three inna back and one in the head.

"Baby, You aight?" I said crouching on the floor next to her. She cried in my arms. I looked down and noticed blood on her shirt and she didn't have her sweater on.

"Baby what's this blood? Where is it comin from? Where's Jo'nae?" I asked her looking around. She lifted her head and pointed to the staircase.

Demarcus turned his head in that direction.

"Jo'nae!" He screamed running to her side. "Wake up come on nae." He held her close trying to wake her up. "Please nae. Wake up. FUCK!" He yelled. He started to cry holding on to her. He tried to find her pulse but it was faint.

"We need to get to the hospital now!" He said scooping her up.

I helped Ashanti up and we all ran to the car outside. I put Ashanti in the front seat next to me while Demarcus sat in the back still applying pressure to Jo'naes side. We rushed to the hospital. Once we got out I rushed inside.

"I need a doctor. I need a doctor!" I said frantically to the woman at the front desk.

"You're going to have to wait for a doctor you can fill out this for-"

"FUCK THAT FORM I NEED A DOCTOR!" I yelled at her. Right when I said that two doctors came out pushing a gurney. I lead them outside to the car and they picked up Jo'nae placing her on it and running her back into the hospital.

The three of us went into the waiting room.

"I need you to get you checked by a doctor." I told Ashanti as I got up. She grabbed my hand to stop me.

"I'm fine." She said to me.

"No your not. We need to make sure you're okay." I left and went to find a doctor to check on Ashanti.

"Hi can I get ahold of a doctor?" I asked a nurse standing in the hallway.

She turned around and looked up at me flirtatiously.

"I can assist you." She said with a smirk.

"Bitch please, I need a doctor for my pregnant girlfriend!" I said saying the last part clear. She rolled her eyes and went into a room. She later came out with a guy and he was kind of old.

"How may I help you today gentleman?" He asked me.

"There was a shooting and I need my girlfriend checked out."

"You said she was your pregnant girlfriend." The nurse added in. I gave her a angry glare before looking back at the doctor. He told me to lead him to her. Once I did we all went into a room while Demarcus stayed in the waiting room.

----------------------

Demarcus Wayne, NJ📍

This shit is all my fault. If I would've never cheated on her she wouldn't have had to go on a girls day with Ashanti. She would've never had gone to that mall. She would've never got shot. And we wouldn't be where we are now.

I got up and started pacing back and forth through the waiting room.

"Come on nae. You stronger than this pull through." I told myself. "Lord please. I need this girl. I'm sorry for everything I did to you boo. It wasn't supposed to happen." I started to cry again. We weren't supposed to end this way. We were supposed to grow together. Become successful together with a family. Not no half ass baby from another bitch.

About 20 minutes later Ashanti and Jay came back.

"How is it?" I asked them.

"She is just fine. She is not an it either stop calling her that!" Ashanti said pushing me a little bit. I smiled faintly.

"Did anyone come out and say anything?" She asked me. I shook my head no and looked over at her. She looked so lost in her thoughts just staring into space.

I can only imagine how she felt right now. She witnessed the entire thing and she's pregnant. No one sees it like Jay and I do. But Ashanti and Jo'nae are like soulmates for real. They know each others strengths and weaknesses better than anyone else. They spend so much time together their like the same person. Ashanti is Jo'naes back bone and Jo'nae is Ashanti's backbone. I feel bad for her for real.

"How you feelin ma?" Jay asked her.

"Dangerous." She replied. I looked up at her and she looked serious as hell. She wasn't crying anymore she just looked mad.

"Whatchu mean dangerous?"

She turned and looked at Jay dead in the eyes. "I wanna go to the OP house."