F a l l i n g 🕊 P r t. 2

Ashanti Renèe Robinson, NY📍

It was getting late and Jay still wasn't back from helping Jo'nae. I know we not talking right now but I'm still worried about him.

"Hey baby!" Aaliyah said walking down the stairs.

"Hey momma."

I've grown to Aaliyah so much I've just started calling her all types of nicknames.

"What's wrong? You look stressed."

"I am. I don't know where Jay is he hasn't texted me and he turned off his location."

"Ashanti, baby, you're pregnant you can't stress over him. He's a grown ass man he will be just fine wherever he is."

She rubbed my arms and looked past me at the food I just finished cooking in the stove. Steak and mashed potatoes with collard greens.

"Oh you cooked. It smells great." She made herself a plate and a drink.

Aaliyah is such a strong person. She's been through so much shit but still managed to keep a smile and be so positive and she stayed to herself.

"Imma be upstairs in the theater room! Aqua man is coming on and he is so sexy!!!!" She said leaving the kitchen.

I laughed as she made her way up the stairs.

I went to the living room to fix the blankets on the couch when Jay walked in the house.

I turned to him and folded my arms across my chest.

"Where were you?!" I asked.

"I'm sorry Jo'nae went and kil-"

"You're location was off, you never texted or nothing!" I said getting louder.

"Bae. I'm sorry I was helping Jo'nae."

I shook my head at him and pushed past him back to the kitchen.

"Damn why are you always so mad at me lately? What did I do to you?"

I ignored him as I made our plates.

"Ashanti!" He yelled.

"What! What do you want! I don't want to fuckin talk to you! If someone has their back turned from you that obviously means they don't want to talk." I turned back.

I heard him breathe heavy. I turned away from the counter to pour juice in our cups.

We didn't talk it was silent.

I forced myself to eat a little more before I gave up. I was walking my plate to the kitchen Jay stopped me. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.

"You need to eat ma." He said putting my plate back down on the table.

"I'm good." I said picking it back up.

I walked my plate into the kitchen and covered in in tinfoil before I put it in the fridge. I began to walk past Jay to go upstairs but he grabbed me again. He put his fork down and pulled me onto his lap.

"Talk to me." He said after he finished chewing.

"There's nothing to say."

"Yea there is. If you think I'm still mad at you about your mom than your right."

I smacked my teeth and looked away. He moved my face back to meet his.

"That's only cause your better than that. You're aware of the shit she does you jus ignore it because you think she's going to change. She won't mama."