V I B E S !

Jay'Shawn Lawson, NJ 📍

It's been a week since Jo'nae told be about Stephanie. Stephanie was jumped by Layla and her friends outside the club the other day. I didn't know how to tell Ashanti cuz that's her sister. But I slipped up and left my phone on the bed with me and Que's messages open.

"Why the fuck am I just now finding out about this?" She asked holding my phone.

"Ma, I got it."

"Nah nigga you don't. This is my sister. She was jumped by yo bum ass friends and you didn't tell me?"

"Ashanti just trust me with this."

"How? How am I going to trust you if you keep shit like this from me. This is shit I need to know about."

"I'm sorry for not tellin you ma. But it's best if you not get in this aight." The look she gave me made me feel like jus another nigga to her. She pushed past me and left the room.

---

Ashanti Renèe Robinson, NY📍

"Hi mommy baby." I said taking Aqua out her car seat. I be havin to put her in there to watch tv because she's a fast mover.

"You okay?" Jo'nae asked as she said next to me.

"No. I'm pissed off."

I have every right to be mad at Jay right now. The fact that he keeps all this important shit from me angers tf outta me.

"He didn't want you to worry about it ashanti. You guys still have to parent did you forget? You can't be out here fightin bitches left and right no more."

She was right. I looked down at Aqua and my arms and she made a face.

"Stephanie is okay. She can hold her own ground."

"But this isn't her problem."

"It isn't yours either. And look your hopping into it. That's what I love about you but that's also what I hate. You love to help people but you don't like it when they help you. I'm pretty sure Jay protects you from the things he knows is gonna hurt you. It was out of love shanti."

"Stephanie's my sister. Maybe not by blood but she is."

"And we all understand that. But you need to start worrying about you boo. And Aqua." She said smoothing her hair down."

I took a deep breathe and looked down at my phone. I got a text from Stephanie.

stephanie💕
jay told me that you found out. it's my fault he didn't tell you. i didn't want you to know because i knew you would want to fight. i didn't want to take you away from aqua. besides i got some licks in on layla bum ass before her friends came. but that's besides the point. I'm okay and you don't have to worry about me. I love you! xoxo❤️

"What is it?" Jo'nae asked me as I put Aqua back in her car seat.

"Just Stephanie clarifying what happened."

"Oh okay."

"Aqua!" Demarcus yelled coming in the room. She laughed as he took her out her car seat.

"Bro I just put her in there."

"And I just took her out. Always tryna put her on baby prison." Jo'nae laughed and I hit his arm.
"Wanna go wit uncle de?" He asked her and she threw her head back.

"She still doin this crazy shit?"

"She. Is. A. Baby!" I said to him. "Why do ya keep acting like sum wrong wit my daughter!"