N e w C r i b 🏡

Jay'Shawn Lawson, NJ📍

"Baby, come on." I said holding open the door to the car.

We were at the condo we planned on getting. She was still giving me the cold shoulder and fast ass replies. I grabbed her hand and helped her out the car.

"Thank you." She said walking past me with her purse in her hands.

We walked to the elevator. Once we got off we met a man in a suit by the door calling us over.

"You must be Mr. Lawson." He said shaking my hand. "And you must be Ashanti." He looked her up and down.

I felt her interlock her fingers with mine. "It's Mrs. Lawson." She said correcting him.

Pause. So she not mad anymore?

He mad a face and opened the door to the condo. Our jaws dropped at how beautiful it was.

"Wow." Ashanti said letting go of my hand and walking in. "It looks better in person."

He walked us around the condo showing us around

He walked us around the condo showing us around. Once we were done we walked back to the front door.

"What'd you think?" He asked us.

"Ma?" I looked down at Ashanti who was still looking out the tall windows at the view.

"I love it." She said finally.

"We want it."

"Alright I will mail you guys the paperwork. But other than that it's yours." He handed us the keys. "See you around Mr & Mrs. Lawson."

—————————————————————

Jo'nae Marie Andrews, NJ📍

Demarcus and I have been arguing a lot lately. At this point we just be so on and off. Sometimes we argue and fight just to make up 5 minutes later. Other times we fight and don't talk till hours or days later.

But today was the day we went to the place we are holding Shanti's baby shower.

"Do you wanna drive or me?" I asked Demarcus.

"I don't care." He went and sat in the drivers seat. I rolled my eyes and got in the passenger seat.

The ride to the place was quiet. I looked out the window the whole time. I felt it coming. The separation between Demarcus and I. It hurts staying with him but it hurts more leaving him. We only ever really had each other. Ashanti and Jay only know the arguments we get in. They never seen when he would hold me when I cried. They never seen the promises we made the secrets we kept or the wishes we hoped for. When the world turned their back on us we were all we had.