Nightmares (Paralyzed)

Dream watched in shock as the rocks tumbled down, blocking the cave entrance.

"Paralysis!" Dream shouted out, freed from George and SapNap, running and falling into the rubble as the dust and dirt settled around him. "Pary..."

The others watched from behind patiently, not knowing what Dream was going through, but aware that he was damaged in every way from a loss like this.

Once it was almost evening, they decided that it would be time to go home.

"Dream," George whispered to him. "We have to go home."

Dream, unable to speak or think properly, let George lead him to his feet and they all walked home while he stared at the ground blankly. At some point he tripped over his own feet, and the ground came to meet his head.

~~~~~~~~~~

Dream shot awake, the nightmare still fresh in his mind, grabbing Paralysis' body closer to reassure him that Pary was still there and alive.

Dream's sudden extreme clinginess had awoken Paralysis, concern filling his mind upon feeling Dream shaking in his arms.

"It keeps coming back" Dream's shaky voice whispered. "Night after night I have this nightmare, and it doesn't go away..."

Paralysis, knowing what Dream was talking about, pulled Dream closer in his arms, holding Dream's head tight under his chin.

"I'm right here," Pary whispered. "Right here, holding onto you."

Shakes of fear and sadness still wracked Dream's body as Paralysis just cradled Dream close to him.

The shaking calmed, but Dream was afraid to fall back asleep for fear of seeing Pary's death again.

Paralysis just stayed there, holding him close, feeling Dream's trembling breaths against his chest.

"Sing to me," Dream whispered shakily.

"Do what?" Pary asked in alarm.

"Hum me a lullaby," Dream said again. "Like you did those many mornings ago."

If it helps you sleep, Love, Pary thought, swinging his tails to a slow beat, humming another soft melody Archangel would play often.

Dream's trembling stopped, and Paralysis felt the moment Dream fell asleep peacefully for the first time in days, listening to Pary's soft humming in his ears.

340 words