Ranboo (DSMP)

Kinda spoilers if you haven't seen Ranboo's lore stream from today I guess

Based on this tweet: 

Ranboo woke, his mind fuzzy with past events forgotten, as usual. But, this time, he didn't wake in his panic room, or his home.

The first thing he noticed about this different place was that it was cold. Would've made a normal person shiver. He was lying on the floor of this dark place, his eyes needing to adjust to the darkness. But when they did, the sight horrified him.

He was in a prison cell.

The prison cell.

The one where he had met Dream not long ago. But, Dream wasn't there. His heart dropped, his fear rising.

"SAM!!" Ranboo yelled out to the guard he knew was nearby, standing and looking around the room. "SAM! HELP ME!!"

The guard dropped into the jail cell from somewhere above. "What?" he asked, staring at Ranboo skeptically. "What is it you need?"

"D-DREAM ESCAPED," Ranboo started, tripping over his words in the bundle of confusion and fear. "I-I DON'T KNOW W-WHAT H-HAPPENED BUT H-HE JUST DIS-DISAPPEARED A-AND I- I PASSED O-OUT OR-R SOMETHING AND HE'S G-GONE AND I-"

With a sigh, Sam replied, "I truly have no time for this, I have other things to be doing, Dream."

Ranboo stiffened, confusion blurring his thoughts.

"Dream. . .?" he breathed, looking to Sam for context, just getting a straight stare in return.

"Why'd you call me Dream?" Ranboo asked again, Sam just cocking an eyebrow at him.

Ranboo stared at the ground, just wanting to think, but instead, getting a glimpse of himself.

His hands were green.

"No. . ." Ranboo whispered, breathing quickening. "No. No. No."

"I'm not. . . I'm not Dream," he said to Sam softly, Sam narrowing his eyes to Ranboo. "I'm not Dream," Ranboo repeated, almost pleading. "I'm Ranboo."

He took a step towards Sam, Sam's hand moving to the hilt of his sword. "Sam you have to believe me," Ranboo told him. "I'm Ranboo. . . I'm Ranboo. I swear," he said, his voice cracking on the last statement.

"Dream, you know what happens when you misbehave," Sam stated. "Should I need to sedate you, I will. Don't take another step towards me."

Ranboo, not wanting to be hurt, crumbled to the ground, hugging his knees to his chest, curling tight into himself.

"I'm not. . . I'm not Dream. . . I'm Ranboo. . . I swear. . ." he whispered softly to himself as Sam left the room, tears building in his eyes, not caring about the sting they brought to his face.

421 words

I was in so much pain writing this ;-;

~CardCatCardboard