Hiraeth (Paralyzed)

His vision faded into darkness, unsure of what would happen next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paralysis shot awake, clutching the sheets on his bed, looking around in alarm. His alarm calmed, but his confusion rose when he viewed the familiar black drapes around his bed, opening them to see the stone walls of his room.

His room back in Purga.

When did I get here? He thought, his alarm rising again. I haven't come at all recently. Also where is Dream?

To make sure he wasn't dreaming, he went over to his shelf of trophies he had gained over the years, touching each and every one of them, making sure they were real as well.

He went over to his window, opening it to look over the land.

There's no way this isn't a dream, Paralysis told himself. I was just there. . . going on an adventure with Dream and the Crew. . . I never came here.

Head racked with confusion, he stumbled out of his room into the familiar halls he's walked so many times before, accidentally running into a Sentinel.

"What happened," Paralysis asked them shakily. "Where am I? Why am I here?"

"What- Paralysis are you okay?" they asked him, worried.

Paralysis shook his head, staring at the ground, seeming to fall deeper into insanity.

"Where is Dream?" Paralysis asked harshly.

They stuttered, scared under Paralysis' gaze.

"Where is he?!" Paralysis yelled at them when they didn't reply, grabbing their shoulders violently.

"I- I don't know who you're talking about," they answered, cowering.

Paralysis took a shaky breath, seeming to calm down on the outside, but in reality, he was breaking piece by piece inside.

"What happened. . . yesterday?" Paralysis asked them quietly.

"You- nothing," they answered, calming. "Nothing out of the usual."

"I never went anywhere? Never left for a long time?" Paralysis questioned further.

"No. Not that I know of," they replied.

Paralysis left it at that, walking back to his room and falling onto his bed, wanting to return to the life he had before. Wanting to go back to where he had felt happiness for the first time in so long.

"I want to go back," he said softly curling up into the sheets, eyes blurring. "I want to go back. . ."

380 words

p.s. the title is a different language