Snowstorm (Paralyzed)

Paralysis and Dream were out scavenging in the cold when the snowstorm hit. The Chaos Crew worried for them, but assured themselves that as long as the two stayed together, they'd be okay.

"Paralysis probably knows this land by heart, he'll be fine," Hivemind said to nobody in particular.
~~~~~~~~~~

"Pary!" Dream yelled over the loud wind. "Do you know where we're going?"

"Not particularly!" Paralysis replied. "This snow and wind isn't helping any, either!"

Dream held on to Pary's hand tight as he could, as it was almost literally his life- line, not daring to stop or let go in any way.

"What if we just waited the storm out?" Dream asked. "Dig a hole in the ground or something!"

He saw the snow-blurred silhouette of Paralysis nod his head, crouching down to the roots of a tree. He dug a hole under the tree's roots, as big as needed in as little time.

Once they were both in, Paralysis covered the entrance with packed dirt, hoping the roots would help keep everything up. Not having anything to start a fire, he and Dream cuddled close, regulating each other's temperature, the tightly packed dirt around them helping as well.

It was significantly quieter with the hole blocked, so, to fill the silence, Dream hummed a quiet tune he'd picked up from Paralysis the few times Pary agreed to sing.

Paralysis smiled, joining in with Dream, continuing the song even long after Dream had been taken by sleep. He hummed to melody until tiredness pulled at his eyes, and Pary fell into his sleep too.

~~~~~~~~~~

Once the snowstorm was over, the Crew, latchers and mortals alike, anxiously waited for the return of the Gaia and his mate.

"There they are!" SapNap exclaimed, pointing to a gap in the tree line.

"We're okay," Paralysis murmured when they questioned the two, concerned. "We're okay."

Dream was shivering in Pary's arms, but so were all the non-latchers, so they didn't worry much about it.

"Let's get inside and warm up," Paralysis whispered to Dream, who nodded his head tiredly.

"You think they'll be okay?" Cath asked Hive.

"With each other and a fire, I think they will be," Hive replied. "Now let's all follow suit and before the mortals freeze to death."

377 words