Chapter 28

THE WEIGHT ROOM - KOOK ACADEMY

It was after school, and winter sports were about to have their tryouts soon. The boys were all training for tryouts, even if they knew they'd make varsity. It was always a big deal when the roster came out, and when captains came out.

Jordan and Topper were training for track, Rafe for basketball, and Kelce for wrestling.

Violet was conditioning with girls' Lacrosse, which was for the spring, even if she knew nothing about Lacrosse. Magnolia also convinced her to do lacrosse. V wanted something to keep her busy, plus her therapist told her it was a good idea anyway. The boys all played lacrosse in the spring but they had a winter sports season to go through first. 

One big weight room yet the girls and boys still had to share it.

"Need a spot?" A voice asks, Violet was busy adjusting the plates on the barbell and didn't notice who it was.

Rafe.

"Where's Jordan? I just saw him." Violet asks, looking around. Magnolia decided today was the day she got the flu and left V to fend for herself.

"He's doing hurdles with Top outside, too crowded here." Rafe says, not really caring about Jordan.

"I'm good." Violet says, declining.

"That's heavy." Rafe says, seeing the number of plates she put on the barbell.

"Rage gives you a lot of strength." Violet says, going under the barbell and leaning the bar against her shoulders, about to squat down.

She stumbled a little bit, it felt heavier than she thought and she immediately got back up and tried to put the bar on the ledge.

"That's why you need a spot." Rafe says, coming up behind her, his hand wrapping on top of her fingers that were turning white from holding the bar, lifting it back with such ease. If she had moved a few centimeters further back they would have been skin to skin. 

"I was doing fine until you came along," Violet says turning around to face him, they were only centimeters apart, but the tension was holding them both back.

"I'm gonna tell you this once, so you better fucking listen." Rafe starts, lowering his voice so that no one around them could hear.

'"What?" She yells, annoyed, bringing everyone in the weight room's attention to them.

"Don't come to the Bahamas. It's for your own good." Rafe warns. 

"I'll do whatever the hell I-" She was cut off by a voice talking over her.

"Why shouldn't she? Huh?" a voice speaks up. The two turned their heads to see Jordan and Topper at the door.

"What's going on?" Violet asks, lost. The entire room grew silent.

"Is there something you wanna tell her before I do?" Rafe asks.

"I have nothing to hide." Jordan says, putting his arms.

"What the hell's going on?" Topper asks, lost.

"I don't know." Kelce shrugs.

"Wait, why aren't you coming to the Bahamas?" Topper asks Kelce.

"I'm skiing in Aspen." Kelce reminds him.

"Ohh right." Topper nods.

"This loser's lying to you, isn't he?" Rafe announces, looking at Jordan.

"I'm not lying about shit." Jordan says, afraid his cover was going to blow. He didn't even want the cover in the first place.

"Okay uhm how about we take this somewhere more private and-" Violet says, getting cut off by Jordan punching Rafe across the face.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! BRO! C'mon I thought we were all cool!" Topper says, trying to pull Jordan back while Kelce ran to Rafe.

"Bro, are you good?" Kelce asks, going to Rafe. 

Rafe got up, wiping his mouth to see blood coming out. He laughed at the sight of the blood, knowing more was going to come

"Let me know when you leave this loser." Rafe says, chuckling, He looked directly at Violet. He was shirtless with blood coming out of his bottom lip, which was busted. Rafe didn't seem bothered by that at all. 

"You think I can't take you bro?" Jordan asks. There was a reason why Jordan responded the way he did. He wouldn't have punched Rafe if he was wrong. 

"I'll fucking go right now." Rafe says, attempting to lunge at Jordan but was being held back by the guys.

"Out! Now! I don't care which one!" Violet yells, sick of it. Sick of all of them.

"Violet, you know I'm right!" Rafe yells on his way out, laughing.

"Jordan, what's going on?" Violet asks, sensing something that was up.

She saw that everyone in the weight room was still looking at them.

"Mind your fucking business!" She yells at everyone.

"You gonna trust me or some guy you've known for five seconds?!" She hears Rafe from the hallway.

"What do you want to know?" Jordan asks.

"You can ask me whatever you want." Jordan continues.

"I want you to trust me." Jordan says, grabbing both of her hands.

 She felt like she could trust him, the fact that he was giving her a free pass to ask him whatever she wants, it made her trust him enough to not want to know anything else.

"I don't need to know whatever stupid rivalry you have with Rafe." Violet says.

"I'm coming to the Bahamas with you if that invitation still exists." Violet continues. There was a reason why Jordan wanted Violet to go, and it wasn't a part of Gabriel's agenda at all. 

He wanted her there just in case something really bad happened. With the way that Gabriel was talking about the Bahamas, it made Jordan worry about their safety. He wanted Violet there to feel an extra sense of security, that maybe nothing bad would happen if she was there to witness it all.

"Of course it does." Jordan says, pulling her into a kiss.

A/N: 

Fun Fact Michael Behling aka Jordan did Track in hs and Drew Starkey played basketball :)

Hi I wrote this chapter in an hour cause I got ransom inspo from this tik tok so yeah