Chapter 26

A FEW WEEKS LATER

VIOLET'S ROOM - THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Violet was in her room doing homework when she heard a couple of knocks on her window, she turned around to see JJ. She got up and opened the window for him to come in. The two had slowly started becoming friends again over the past few weeks.

"Hey, it's late." Violet says.

"I know. Figured you'd be up." JJ says.

"What's up?" Violet asks.

"I couldn't sleep." JJ says.

"Oh yeah, those will knock you out." Violet says, taking a bottle of melatonin gummies from her vanity and giving it to him.

"Gummy bears?" JJ asks, scrunching his face.

"They have melatonin in them, knocks you out." Violet says.

"Taste like candy." JJ says, popping a few of them in his mouth.

"Don't take so much!" Violet yells.

"Shh!" JJ shushes, it was late and she could have woken the entire house up.

"You can stay if you want." Violet says, shrugging. He gave her an eyebrow raise.

"Relax, I'll put a pillow between us." Violet says, she was dating Jordan after all.

"Roger that, Captain." JJ says, plopping down on her bed. He grabbed one of her stuffed animals and hugged it.

Violet went back to her physics textbook after seeing JJ on her bed.

"Whatcha reading?" JJ asks, popping his head into her textbook.

"Wait nevermind, it's not in English." JJ says, trying to read it.

"What the hell is a centipede force? Do centipedes have some superpower?" JJ asks.

"Centripetal Force?" Violet asks.

"Right.. I knew that." JJ says.

"You're supposed to be asleep." Violet says, annoyed.

"Well it's not working, probably a dud." JJ says, taking the book out of her hands.

"I have one problem left to do." Violet says, snatching the book back.

"It's only one problem. You did all the other ones." JJ says.

"That's not the point!" Violet says, her phone rang with a message from Lia.

Did you sign up for the Ski Trip?

Shit. I forgot

The ski trip wasn't something that was on her mind at all, she had just been thinking about John B and Sarah for the past few weeks. It'd be a good idea to get a break from all this anyways.

"Ski trip? I wanna go." JJ asks, looking over her shoulder.

"Hey!" Violet yells.

"It's the academy's ski trip to Michigan, right before the break." Violet says, sighing.

"Lia wants me to go, it's always fun." She adds.

"Skiing with trust fund babies, who probably can't ski." JJ comments.

"It's only for a couple of days. We leave Friday morning and come back Monday morning. Lia's going, everyone's going." Violet says.