Chapter 12

THE WOODS — CONT

"Oh my god, the coyotes are eating the body." Someone gasps.

No. It wasn't possible. They buried the body.

The coyote. The fucking coyotes.

The coyotes dug it up.

"Is it gonna eat us?" Someone yells.

"Let's go before we're next!" Someone screams as the crowd dispersed and ran off in different directions. The only people left were Topper, Kelce, Lia and Jordan.

"Violet?" Jordan asks, seeing that she was quiet.

Before she knew it, her eyes closed and she lost consciousness and fell down.

"Violet!" Jordan yells, running to catch her.

"Okay what the hell just happened?" Lia asks.

"There's a coyote.. and it's eating that dude... or what's left of him." Kelce says, almost throwing up.

"Okay we need to call the cops." Topper says.

"Are you crazy? There's alcohol and weed everywhere!" Lia yells.

"What the hell are we supposed to do about that?!" Topper asks, pointing to the two coyotes eating what's left of the body. Even if it had been rotting for the past month and a half.

"Okay, what are we gonna do about princess here?" Jordan asks, carrying Violet's unconscious body in his arms.

"Oh my god, not again. Take her inside the cabin and try to wake her up before she goes all nutjob again." Topper sighs. Jordan took Violet inside the cabin while Lia went off to find something refreshing for Violet to drink.

"Bro, what the hell are we gonna do?" Kelce asks Topper.

"We gotta call the cops man, they're gonna think we did it if we don't." Topper responds.

"What if someone here did it? They all just ran off." Kelce whispers.

"Chill out. There's dirt all over it, the coyotes dug it out or something." Topper says, seeing the body covered in dirt.. or whatever was left of it.

"Okay we need to clear out all the alcohol and weed before calling the cops." Topper says, getting a nod from Kelce. They went off to pour all the rest of the alcohol down the outhouse.

INSIDE THE CABIN - 20 MINUTES LATER

"Violet?" Jordan asks, seeing her eyes flutter open.

"Holy shit. That was a bad dream.. like a fucking coyote was eating a body!" Violet says, panting.

"Violet..." Jordan says, serious.

"What?" She asks.

"That wasn't a dream." Lia says, giving her a can of sprite.

"Drink up." Lia continues, opening the can for her.

"You fainted." Jordan says. Violet chugged and gulped down the sprite before letting out a sigh of relief.

"Okay uhm what the hell are we gonna do?" Violet asks, panicking.

"We have to call the cops, I mean that's a body." Jordan says.

"No! The drugs and the alcohol.. I could get in trouble." Violet says.

"Top and Kelce are getting rid of it right now." Jordan reassures.

"The molly.. I need to get rid of it. Where is it?" Violet scrambles.

"I took care of it." Jordan says, trying to calm her down. He put a hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down.