Chapter 17

FRIDAY (SPIRIT DAY) PART III
GIRL'S LOCKER ROOM

"Okay girls, there's been a change of plans." The captain announces to the team.

"What?" the girls ask, confused.

"Izzie, you good to go?" The captain asks the alternate.

"Yeah!" She nods, excited that she would be performing.

"Violet you're benched tonight." The captain says.

"What?" Violet asks, all those hours of practice gone to waste. She was pissed, she didn't come early and stay after for practice only to be benched on the day of homecoming.

"Your mom called the coach and now my ass is on the line cause you're not medically cleared!" The captain yells.

"Uh oh." Lia says.

"Becca, I'm perfectly fine." Violet says.

"Coach K said you're benched til further notice." The captain says, rolling her eyes.

"I'm gonna take five." Violet says, taking a deep breath.

"V!" Lia says, trying to go after her.

"Just let her go." Scarlette says, pulling Lia back.

BOYS LOCKER ROOM

Violet stormed out with her cheer bag and walked into the boy's locker room, not caring about the stupid rules. She wanted to see Jordan but saw the entire Kildare Falcons team inside there instead.

"Shit." Violet mutters, seeing the opposing team all staring at her.

The academy's Stallions were all in the other locker room by the football field instead.

"You lost?" a voice directs at her, and the rest of the guys whistled.

"No, was just looking for someone but he's not here." Violet says, crossing her arms.

"She wants some of that Pogue dick!" Another guy on the team shouts out.

"HEY, SHUT THE HELL UP!" A familiar voice yells, standing up, making all the guys quiet down.

It was JJ.

"JJ? I didn't know you played football." Violet asks, seeing him.

"You should go." JJ scoffs, avoiding eye contact.

"Are you okay?" Violet asks, concerned

"Just go, Violet." JJ says, ignoring her.

"Fine." Violet says, pulling out Frankie, the bunny he won for her at the carnival. It was still in her cheer bag from pajama day.

"Here." Violet says, throwing the bunny at him before walking out the locker room. She stood on the outside door of the locker room, sinking down onto the floor.