Chapter 6

ONE DAY AGO

THE KOOK ACADEMY GYM

"I can't believe I let you talk me into this." Violet groans.

"It'll be fun!" Magnolia says.

"I'm not even cleared to do cheer!" Violet says.

"It's just a little dancing and poms." Lia says.

"You do realize I have brain damage, right?" Violet asks Lia.

"You're too smart anyways." Lia says. Maybe she was a little dumb, but she meant well.

"I could get in a lot of trouble for this." Violet groans, hesitating to walk in the door of the gym.

"You died.. twice. This won't hurt." Lia says. Violet wasn't budging.

"Come on! Live a little!" Lia says, pulling her inside the gym.

There were around 10 girls already inside the gym, waiting to learn the tryout routine while the two made a scene walking in.

"Violet!" Scarlette says, calling her out.

"Long time no see!" She adds on.

"Yeah! Uh I've been a little busy." Violet says.

"Magnolia! I knew you'd make it." Another girl on the team says, hugging her.

THREE HOURS LATER

"They made try out on the spot like that? I thought we'd have time to practice." Violet asks Magnolia.

"You were great! They're probably gonna make you fly cause you're tiny" Magnolia answers.

"I probably didn't make the cut, they're only taking two." Violet says.

"They're sending the results tonight." Magnolia says.

"About that..." Violet says.

"Soooo, I heard about the party going down tonight." Lia says.

"We should go, have a little fun on our last night of summer

"We should go, have a little fun on our last night of summer." Violet says.

"Aren't you supposed to be sober?" Lia asks, skeptic.

"I will! You can babysit if you want." Violet says, putting her arms up.

"Is Top coming?" She asks, getting excited.

"Probably not, he scolded me for wanting to go but I'll just sneak out." Violet says.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at work?" Topper asks, walking inside with the football boys. They were all taking a break from practice.

"Cheer tryouts." Lia says, excited to see Topper.

"Cheer tryouts?" Topper asks Violet, ignoring Lia.