Chapter 20

ALMOST HALFTIME

"That was cute." Lia says to Violet.

"Yeah.. it was." Violet says, waving back at Jordan.

The Stallions were waiting for the Falcons to be done with their time out.

Another quarter had passed and halftime was about to be called soon.

"Guys we need JJ back!" One of the guys says.

"JJ's out man we can't!" Another guy says as the whistle blew.

"Too late, come on let's go!" The guys say.

They were still tied 0-0, neither team scoring, although there were several close calls.

"Oh god

"Oh god." Lia winces, seeing the boys all tumbling on top of each other. It was a brawl as soon as the whistle blew.

"JORDAN!" Violet yells, seeing him in the group of boys who all went down.

"He's up, he's up!" Lia says, pointing to Jordan. A sigh of relief came out of Violet.

"Where's Rafe?" Violet asks, not seeing Rafe on the field.

"He's over there." Lia says, pointing to the corner of the field.

"Wait is that JJ?" Violet asks, focused on the other team. They were switching out players and JJ was about to get back in.

"No no no no no, he can't go back in." Violet says, panicking,

"Halftime's about to come up, they're not gonna have time." Lia says, pointing to the clock.

"Okay, okay." Violet says, taking a deep breath.

"One two! One two! 6, 10! Hike!" Jordan yells out before snapping the ball. Rafe was expecting to catch it but Jordan threw the ball to Kelce instead.

Kelce and Topper ran across the field, past the 40 yard line.

"They're gonna score!" Lia says.

30 yard line..