Chapter 5

TWO DAYS AGO

THE WRECK

It was her first shift At the wreck since she had been back home, and school was starting in a few days.

Kiara had avoided her, and they were basically not on speaking terms. She hadn't spoken to JJ or anyone else either since she'd came back. Topper and the Kooks had come to The Wreck after football practice, they were all hungry and tired.

 Topper and the Kooks had come to The Wreck after football practice, they were all hungry and tired

"Do the shrimp and grits come with onions?" a voice asks her. His face wasn't familiar and his voice signaled an accent that was from the west coast. But he was with the football team.

"Haven't seen you around here before. You new?" Violet asks.

"Moved here last month from Beverly Hills. I'm the new QB." He says.

"What's up, V?" Kelce says, acknowledging her. She politely smiles back at Kelce.

"I'm Jordan." The boy says.

"I'm Violet, I see you know my annoying brother." She says.

Topper was busy talking to some of the other guys about plays or whatever football was about.

"Top! Did you move the car? Mom says you were blocking hers in the driveway." Violet asks, hitting his arm for attention.

"I'll do it later." Topper says, brushing her off, getting an eye roll from her. She wacked him across the head with her notepad she used to write down orders.

"I'm not tipping you cause of that!" Topper yells.

"I expect 100% from family!" She says, crossing her arns.

"He's your brother?" Jordan asks, surprised.

"No we just share DNA. And yes, the shrimp and grits come with onions." Violet says.

"Can you take the onions off?" Jordan asks.

"Uh probably? Whatv You allergic or something?" Violet says.

"I just hate onions. I think I'll get that." He says, reading the menu.

"The usual for the rest of you?" Violet asks the rest of the boys. She remembered their normal orders, they always got the same thing, not changing or trying anything new.