Chapter 19

*disclaimer I do not know American Football that well I haven't watched a game in years, american football games are split into 4 sections called quarters, after 2 quarters it's halftime*

HOMECOMING PT V

THE FOOTBALL GAME

"1607, HIKE!" Jordan yells, starting the game. Some members of the Falcons rushed toward him while some ran off to block the recievers.

"Shit." Jordan muttered under his breath, all of the guys were covered and he couldn't see where to snap the ball. He saw someone from the Falcons coming straight at him. JJ.

So Jordan just threw the ball as far as he could, hoping someone on Stallions was gonna go for it before JJ tackled him down to the ground.

"Oh shit." Violet says, watching JJ go for Jordan.

"That's gotta hurt." Lia says, making a face. Something about guys charging at each other and brawling just didn't sit right with her. The sport of football in general.

"Poor Jordan." Violet says.

The ball that Jordan threw ended up going across the field, where Kelce and Rafe were both going after, but the Falcons were also going after the ball as well.

"I don't wanna watch this." Violet says, bracing for the boys to run into each other. Rafe ended up tackling someone from the other team while Kelce grabbed the ball and took off with it

Kelce ended up getting 20 yards down the field before getting tackled by a guy on the falcons.

The whistle blew and everyone had to get back on the line of scrimmage.

"What fucking throw was that?" Rafe asks Jordan. Since Jordan stole his football position Rafe was extra judgemental of what Jordan did or didn't do.

"You were blocked!" Jordan yells back.

"I couldn't see shit! They were all over." Jordan says, defending himself.

"Guys come on, same team." Topper reminds them.

"Are they arguing?" Lia asks, watching the boys.

"Already? The game just started. JJ's on the other side of the field! " Violet sighs.

"42! 16! Hike!" Jordan yells, snapping the ball across the field to Rafe, who caught it and started running. Rafe was going for a good few seconds before he fumbled the ball and dropped it.

"Are you kidding me?" Jordan mutters.

"Fuck." Rafe yells.

"Come on Rafe!" Topper says, picking up the dropped ball and running.

"Butterfingers! Come on!" Kelce says to Rafe, who was out of it.

Topper only got so far before JJ lunged at him, tackling him so that the two boys flew and fell onto the ground. The two boys both grunted by the impact.

"Oh my god! Top!" Lia yells.

"That was not pretty." Violet says.

"JJ didn't have to run at him like that." Lia says, pointing out that JJ was being extra rough. Even if it was football.

"It's football." Violet sighs.

10 MINUTES LATER

END OF FIRST QUARTER

The teams were now tied for the first quarter 0-0. No team managed to score, but it was rough on the field.

"Alright, time out!" Jordan calls it.