Chapter 25

TWELVE HOURS AGO

"Ladies and gentleman it is now time to announce our Homecoming King and Queen." Someone announces on the speaker.

"Oh my god!" Magnolia says, excited.

"You're gonna win

"You're gonna win." Violet says, reassuring Lia.

"Okay, how do I look?" Lia asks, turning around so Violet can see her.

"You look fine." Violet says.

"The votes are in, and this year's homecoming Queen is..." The announcer starts off.

"I didn't get it, it's fine." Magnolia says, freaking out.

"You probably did." Violet says.

"The football team voted for you didn't they?" Violet asks, getting a nod from Magnolia.

"Magnolia Anne Sullivan!" The announcer says, getting claps from everyone.

"I told you!" Violet says, excited for her friend.

"And our homecoming king is..." The announcer starts off.

"The newest addition to the Stallions." The announced adds.

"Jordan Tanner!" The announcer says, getting cheers from the crowd and the entire football team yelling.

"You won!" Violet says, jumping up to hug him.

"Tanner? Like Tannyhill? Denmark Tanny?" Violet asks, she didn't realize until now, she didn't really think much about it but it was always an option.

"No- no relation." Jordan lies before going up to get the crown, getting chants from the boys.

The Homecoming King and Queen had a tradition to do one dance together, which was awkward for the two of them since Magnolia and Jordan never really talked much.

"Come here." Rafe says.

"No!" Violet says, shaking her head.

"It's just a dance." Rafe says.

"One minute." He adds on, getting ignored by Violet.

"Stop being a bitch, I'll drag you myself." Rafe says, getting annoyed. 

He was in a black suit without a tie, and the top few buttons of dress shirt were unbuttoned and his hair was a mess, probably because he was hooking up with a girl in his car before the dance.