Chapter 29

A DAY BEFORE THE SKI TRIP - TANNER RESIDENCE

The doorbell of the Tanner Residence rang. Jordan wasn't expecting Violet until later and Gabriel wasn't home either.

He opened the door to someone he wasn't expecting.

"Carly?" He asks, surprised to see his ex-girlfriend all the way from LA.

"I missed you." Carly says, jumping onto him, he caught her out of reflex but was in shock.

"What are you doing here?" Jordan asks.

"Your mom told me I could come visit." Carly continues

"Uh-" Jordan stutters.

"Come back to LA." Carly says, pulling him into a kiss.

"Whoa-" Jordan says, in shock, he pushed her off.

"Who the hell are you?" Violet asks, standing at the door frame.

"I'm his girlfriend. Who are you?" Carly responds.

"Girlfriend?!" Violet yells.

"Ex-girlfriend." Jordan says.

"We've been dating since freshman year." Carly says.

"Carly, we broke up." Jordan sighs.

"We always get back together! What do you think I came all the way over here for? I want you to come back to LA." Carly says.

"My mom sent you here didn't she?" Jordan asks

"Why does it matter? I would've come anyways." Carly says.

"You know what Jordan? I'll make this easier for you. I'm out." Violet says, her voice cracking.

"I'm not coming back to LA. And we're not getting back together." Jordan says.

"LA is your home. You can stop playing island boy now and come back to your real life." Carly argues.

"I'm not playing island boy. I live here now Carly." Jordan argues.

"You're never going to solve your problems by running away." Carly says.

"This is a fresh start for me. I don't have anything tied to my name, and no one knows who I am!" Jordan says.

"But you're not Jordan." Carly says.

"You don't get it. I don't wanna go back to LA." Jordan says.

"What about me? What about us? You just got up and left without warning. Not even a goodbye?" Carly asks.

"We broke up." Jordan says.

"We always get back together." Carly says.

"Not this time." Jordan says, shaking his head.