Chapter 11

THE WRECK

"You didn't tell me you only lived with your brother." Violet says, walking up to the steps of the Wreck.

"The rest of our family's in LA." Jordan says.

"So I'm throwing a little thing for my birthday this weekend if you wanna come." Violet says, standing at the door of the Wreck.

"17?" Jordan asks.

"16." She corrects.

"16? Thought you and Topper were twins." Jordan asks.

"No, I skipped a year. Uhm... I also need you to not tell Top about the party." Violet says.

"Why?" Jordan asks, suspicious.

"Cause he's gonna get all protective and go from Topper to downer." Violet says.

"It's in the western quadrant of the woods." Violet adds on.

"The woods?" Jordan asks.

"I'm renting out a couple cabins, it'll be fun!" Violet says.

Violet walked inside the Wreck, waving goodbye to Jordan and starting her shift. She saw Kiara behind the counter today.

"Hey uhm.. I'm doing a little party in the cabins next weekend if you wanna go." Violet says.

"Why would I go to your party?" Kiara asks, giving her attitude.

"Fine, don't go." Violet says.

"JJ's a mess." Kie says.

"Well he's not my mess and he made it clear he didn't want anything to do with me." Violet says.

LATER THAT WEEK

THE THORNTON RESIDENCE - V'S BIRTHDAY

"It's just a sleepover in the cabin." Violet says to her mom.

"You know when I was a kid, that place was haunted." Her mom says.

"Mom, it's a sleepover with the cheer team." Violet says, lying to her mom.

"I just want you to be careful." Her mom says.

"You definitely have a brain tumor or some shit. You know there's kids who go missing in those woods." Topper says. It was also the same woods that she buried Barry in, but she avoided that part.

"Dude, it's like camping, chill out. Not like you're invited anyways." Violet says. The rest of the Cheer team was decorating the Cabin for the party.

"At least your annoying ass is gonna be gone." Topper says, sighing in relief.

"Be careful. If you see any coyotes or wolves, yell and wave your arm up to scare it away." Their mom says.

"I've never seen one in the woods, they probably died off or something." Violet says.

"She'd definitely be coyote lunch." Topper says, pointing at V.

"Remember when I set Diana free?" Violet snaps.

Diana was Topper's bunny he had when they were little. Violet always wanted to play with the boys, but Topper didn't want his annoying little sister to always tag along.

So, Violet set Diana free into the woods... to be fed to Coyotes.

Petty? Yes.

Did Topper cry? Yes.