Chapter 9

A FEW DAYS LATER - LUNCHTIME

THE KOOK ACADEMY

"Yo Violet!" someone calls, making Violet turn around in the hallway.

"Yeah?" She responds, turning around to see Jordan, who was opening his locker.

"You wanna ditch?" Jordan asks

"It's lunch right now." Violet laughs.

"Yeah.. ditch this lunchroom for some real food." Jordan says.

"And where would we go?" Violet asks.

"The Wreck." Jordan says.

"You know I work there, right?" Violet asks.

"So? Beats school food." Jordan says.

"Okay, but if we get caught, you're gonna take the blame." Violet says, opening her locker to throw in some textbooks.

"We're not." Jordan says.

"How would you know?" Violet asks.

"Just trust me." Jordan says.

"You know this isn't a date right?" Violet says, closing the locker.

"I know." Jordan says.

"Okay why are you being so nice? What do you want?" Violet asks. She wasn't used to any of the kooks being nice without some ulterior motive.

"I just wanna go to lunch with a friend." Jordan says, defensive.

"Okay, dude. You could've gone with Top." Violet says.

"Are you actually that blind? I'm trying to get to know you here." Jordan admits.

"I have a TBI so you know my brain is like fucked up or whatever." Violet says, being a smartass.

"Okay so are we going or what?" Jordan asks.

"Fine." Violet sighs. She didn't want to be around the rest of the Kooks anyways, not with Kiara giving her the death stare from across the cafeteria.

THE WRECK

The two were at the Wreck, Jordan had gotten a burger and fries while Violet had a grilled cheese and fries.

"Someone's famous around here." Jordan says, looking at the Photo wall in the back of the Wreck. It was a photo wall of customers, family, basically anyone who wanted to take a polaroid would and it would be put up at the Wreck's photo wall.

Many of the pictures had Violet in them, mainly because all the Pogues would mess around with the Polaroid.

Some of the pictures included:

1. Violet and JJ making silly faces

2. The Pogues, well, being Pogues