Chapter 13

THE THERAPIST'S OFFICE- VIOLET

"How are you doing today?" Dr. Kate asks, Violet was just lying down on the couch.

"I'm exhausted. We just had a game and the sun was terrible." Violet responds, staring at the ceiling.

She was still in her cheer uniform, not having enough time between the end of the game and the appointment to change. The boys had gone into overtime today since the game was a tie.

"How was the game?" She asks.

"It was a tie." Violet says, bluntly.

"Your mother told me about what happened when she scheduled the extra appointment." Dr. Kate says.

"Yeah, yeah, so you know." Violet says, brushing it off.

"You can't keep bottling up your feelings." The therapist says.

"I'm not! We had a sleepover and my friends invited a few people over and their people invited more people so next thing you know there's the whole school." Violet says, the therapist was giving her a look, and she didn't like that.

"Okay, don't give me that look." Violet says, scrunching her face.

"I stayed off drugs! I'm clean." Violet says.

"I just drank a little alcohol." Violet defends, crossing her arms.

"You're underage." Her therapist says.

"Oh my god, everyone does it! Calm down! You probably did when you were my age too!" Violet snaps back.

"How do you feel about what happened?" She asks.

"I mean.. there was a coyote who dug up a dead body in the woods and was eating the rotting flesh in the middle of my birthday party." Violet says, laughing. She shouldn't have been laughing but she couldn't help it. Only the body she thought she buried would come back ot haunt her during her birthday party. Just her luck.

"How rude! Like couldn't it have waited until the party was over!" Violet says, trying to make a joke but her therapist wasn't laughing.

"It must have been traumatic for you." The therapist comments.

"A lot of things are traumatic." Violet says.

"It's like only that would happen to me! On my birthday! It's like I have bad luck or something." Violet adds on.

"Probably karma." Violet mutters.

"Why would you think that it's Karma?" She asks. Violet froze. Shit.

"I abandoned my friends when they needed me the most." Violet says, diverting.

THE THERAPIST'S OFFICE - TOPPER

"Hello Topper. I'm just going to write down some notes to help me refresh my memory for next time." Dr. Kate says.

"Oh you don't have to do that. I'm not coming back." Topper says.

"I see. I would still like to have your notes down. I am Dr. Kate." She adds.

"I know, I know. You're V's shrink." Topper says. He was still in his football uniform. The two siblings had no time to change.

"Right here, right now I am your shrink." The therapist says.

"I don't really need a shrink. I'm just here cause of my mom." Topper says.

"What happened.. was terrible. No one should have to go through that." Dr. Kate says.

"Finding a dead body in the woods is definitely second on the list." Topper says.