Chapter 23

THE NEXT DAY — SATURDAY

THE THERAPIST'S OFFICE - MORNING

"How are you feeling today?" Dr. Kate asks.

"Normal.. I guess, I don't know." Violet says, shrugging.

"What's been going on?" Dr. Kate asks.

"My ex- well I don't really consider him my ex but I guess he is my ex came back." Violet says.

"And how do you feel?" Dr. Kate asks.

"He's a dick. But I guess I wouldn't expect more from Rafe Cameron. He and Jordan got in a fight, JJ too.." Violet says.

"What was the fight about?" She asks.

"It was a football game, it's basically a brawl either way." Violet sighs.

"How did it make you feel, seeing them all fight?" Dr. Kate asks.

"I was mad, I mean it's stupid but the fight was bound to happen anyways." Violet says, like it was no big deal.

"What do you mean it was bound to happen?" She asks, jotting something down in her notebook.

"Uh well.. it's like that rival school thing you see in all the movies, you know? Goes way back to like the great ancestors or something." Violet asks.

"I see and you have friends in both schools?" She asks.

"I mean I was friends with people from both schools at some point." Violet says, avoiding most of what she was asking.

"And how did that make you feel?" Dr. Kate asks.

"You've been asking me that the entire session." Violet says, getting annoyed.

"It's important to acknowledge your feelings. Some may feel inclined to shove those feelings away." Dr. Kate says.

"I have a boyfriend. Jordan." Violet blurts out.

"Jordan?" She asks.

"The one who was in the fight with Rafe and JJ." Violet says sighing. 

Her therapist was frozen for a moment.

"I swear to god if you ask me how I feel one more time I will-" Violet says, getting cut off.

"Do you think you're ready for a relationship?" Dr. Kate asks.

"It's high school, I'm not getting married!" Violet says, shrugging.

"Do you feel like it is too soon?" She asks.

"He's nice. And hot.. and he really has nothing to do with all the drama that went down so I mean it's nice to have a little break from all that." Violet says.

"But do you have romantic feelings for him?" She asks.

"Why wouldn't I?" Violet asks, responding to her question with a question.

"You think I don't like him." Violet says, looking at her therapist in the eye.

"I didn't say that." She responds.

"But that's what you were thinking!" Violet says,  scrunching her eyebrows.

"You think that I'm using him as some sort of distraction from everyone! That I'm hiding or something.. Well let me tell you this, I don't hide from anyone! I am Violetta Faye Thornton! Anyone who has something to say can say it to my face! I don't care!" Violet explodes.

"Have you ever thought of going to an NA meeting?" Her therapist asks.

"NA?" She asks, confused.

"Narcotics Anonymous." Dr. Kate says.

"Like alcoholics anonymous but for pills?" Violet asks.

"Exactly like that." Dr. Kate says.

"No- I don't need to talk to other people. I mean isn't that what you're here for?" She asks, confused.

"I think you would benefit from it. There's a meeting not so far from here in the mainland. It's just a boat ride away." Dr. Kate says.

"I have a dance to go to, I'm busy tonight," Violet says.

"You don't have to go tonight, it's just another resource for you." Dr. Kate says, handing her a brochure.

NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS - AFTERNOON

"Mom, are you seriously making me go now?" Violet asks.

"You said Dr. Kate told you it would be good. So you're going." Her mom says, walking with her to the doors of the church.

"Homecoming's tonight!" Violet whines.

"You have plenty of time before the dance. It starts at 8!" Her mom says.

"Narcotics Anonymous in a church basement?" Violet asks.

"Go." Her mom says, motioning her to go in. She reluctantly opened the door and walked in.

She was on the younger side of everyone in the room, she could've been the youngest for all she knew. There were people of all ages, in that room, she didn't know any of these people. She wasn't on the Island anymore, she was in the mainland, a different community, different people. 

"I see we have some new guests today. Would you like to introduce yourselves?" The speaker asks.

Just when Violet was about to open her mouth another voice came out from across the room.

A voice she wasn't expecting to hear.

A voice she hadn't heard in a while.

"I'm Gabriel but my friends like to call me Gabe, and I am an addict." Gabriel says, standing up. It was Jordan's brother. 

She had only met him a couple of times before

She had only met him a couple of times before. The two had eye contact before Violet stood him.

"I'm Violet, and I am an addict." Violet says, standing up afterwards.

AN HOUR LATER

The meeting was over and everyone was grabbing some snacks and coffee. Violet didn't really talk to anyone, she didn't want to or know how to. She grabbed a muffin and tore off a chunk of it.

Violet saw Gabriel and walked over to him.

"Are you gonna tell him?" Violet asks. She did tell Jordan that she liked cocaine and overdosed but she was pretty sure he took it as a joke or something.

"You guys a thing now or what?" Gabriel asks.

"Yeah." Violet nods.

"I won't tell him if you won't. It's anonymous for a reason. " Gabriel says, chuckling.

A/N: Back at it again with the daily uploadssssssss hopefully *fingers crossed*

THANKS FOR 30.5K AH