C H A P T E R T W E N T Y- O N E

Song of the Chapter: There for You by Simi ft. Ms. Banks

TAKING A BREAK FROM signing documents, Xante flicked his wrist tiredly

TAKING A BREAK FROM signing documents, Xante flicked his wrist tiredly. It was Saturday morning, almost a week since the church incident and as much as the woman gave him unlimited stress and much higher blood pressure, Xante missed his wife. They had been seeing each other a lot less since that catastrophic Sunday as she had delved right into shifts at the hospital and he had started taking more responsibility as a CEO.

However, careers were not the only things that separated them. Xante had decided that Chidinma would be having a grand 27th birthday back in Nigeria. It would be spectacular, an event that even celebrities and affluent figures will be attending. So would Nnamdi Okereke. It seemed like the only way the man could actually be killed without it turning into a shitshow.

At the final toast at the end of the night, each guest was going to toast with personalized glasses of any champagne of their choice. In Okereke's flute was going to be a slow-killing poison that gradually ate away any organ it touched. 24 hours after the poison was administered, the killing blow would hit as it would have reached the brain and ate it away. After death, the poison left the body in harmless oxygen vapors.

Xante did not like the fact that he could not torture the bastard, but it was the only method an antsy Chidinma allowed.

Back to the topic of the woman herself, Xante took a look at his phone, which featured a picture of the two of them at their wedding, with a perplexed gaze. He really missed her. Xante picked up the phone and dialed Chidinma. The call went straight to voicemail.

He bit his lip in anticipation. Is she at work?

Xante's question was answered when he received a message from Chidinma.

Surprised, he raised an eyebrow, his lips slightly tugged in a smile as he could imagine her pout while speaking those words

5 minutes later, Xante could not dial her number fast enough. As the dial rang through, he found himself adjusting his shirt in nervousness. When he heard her soft voice, as usual, his heart temporarily stopped.